1st Line Support
£11.20 per hour
Monday - Friday, 9am - 5pm.
Temporary Contract; 9 months. Likely to be extended. May lead to a permanent role
The ICT Services department is responsible for the installation and maintenance of NHS Digital Corporate ICT infrastructure which supports over 2500 NHS Digital staff.
This role is within the ICT Services Service Desk work area, reporting to the ICT Service Desk Team Lead.
The Technical Operators work in a 1st line technical support capacity dealing with technical queries and undertaking a variety of tasks including system user account management, software deployment, 1st line remote desktop support.
This skill requires;
- Good understanding of Microsoft Office 365
- Proven knowledge of Microsoft Windows operating systems and domains including active directory
- Demonstrable knowledge of a range of desktop hardware and software products including MS Office, email clients and web mail
- Working knowledge of network file and printing services
- Knowledge of Mobile devices, Smart phones
Knowledge, Skills and Qualifications
- Ability to diagnose technical issues, provided resolutions or workaround for incidents and problems in a technical environment
- Experienced using a Service Management workflow tool
- Experience of services and Incident management processes
- Experience of providing advice as subject matter expert both verbally and written.
- Experience of using remote support and software deployment systems, e.g. Zenworks, Bomgar
- Proven ability to extract information from stakeholders prevalent to the task.
- Ability to work consistently, methodically and reliably under pressure with attention to detail within tight timescales
- An ability to work autonomously as well as an effective team member
- An ability of taking responsibility for making decisions to move things forward
- An ability to communicate effectively, both orally and by word
- Ability to make proactive decisions and drive forward service improvements using individual initiative
- Demonstrably strong and proficient user of Microsoft Office
Benefits/Opportunities of working with NHS Digital;
- The chance to help support and maintain essential live National NHS services
- Receive in-house training on NHS Digital systems and technologies
- To support a service which supplies 21,000+ organisations and links 27,000 ICT services within these organisations
- Building a strong reputation in an expanding team across NHS Digital and growing your career in a challenging and rewarding environment.
If this is the role for you, apply today with your most current CV