1st/ 2nd Line Support Technician - Salary £25k - £26k DOE
Brook Street is delighted to present the opportunity to work for a market leading software development company based in Fareham, who provide a wide range of front and back office software solutions to their clients. As a result of both continued expansion and the continued development of their product portfolio, an exciting opportunity has arisen for a 1st/2nd Line Support Technician / Helpdesk Analyst to join their team.
The Helpdesk Analyst will provide 1st/2nd line service desk support to our client's customers; assisting them with hardware and software problems via phone, email and in person within the organisation's EPoS environment. This includes installing, diagnosing, repairing, maintaining and upgrading all software and hardware (including but not limited to PC, terminals and printers) to ensure optimal performance. The Analyst will also troubleshoot problem areas (in person, by telephone, or via remote access) in a timely and accurate manner, and provide assistance where required.
Other Key responsibilities include:
Offering excellent and prompt customer service and representing the company in a professional and courteous manner. You will be required to heavily investigate customer's issues and provide diagnostics on a daily basis.
- Ensuring customer's support issues are logged and recorded with a sufficient amount of detail
- Ability to resolve support issues within a pressurised environment
- Taking ownership of support calls until a satisfactory resolution is reached
- Escalation of complex issues to 2nd and 3rd line support
- Manage work queues and prioritise calls, re-assigning work where and when necessary to ensure compliance with SLA's
- Install, upgrade, support and troubleshoot in house EPoS Application
- Install, upgrade, support and troubleshoot in house back office application
- Diagnose and quickly resolve a wide range of EPoS, Windows, and networking problems to help minimize downtime
- Troubleshooting network connectivity in a LAN/WAN environment
- Install, upgrade, support and troubleshoot EPoS hardware such as printers, cash drawers, and line displays
- Troubleshoot communication between back office application and EPoS application
- Participation in on-call rota for weekend and bank holiday support.
As a minimum, to be successful in this role you will have:
- A minimum of 1-2 years' experience in an IT support / Helpdesk role
- A proven track record in managing customer relationships and providing excellent customer service in a customer delivery environment
- Ability to work to and meet deadlines
Ideally you will possess the following technical skills:
- Sound understanding of EPoS operations as well as business related processes and procedures
- Understanding of Server/Client setups
- Understanding of TCP/IP Networking principles for troubleshooting purpose
- Experience in using VNC and other remote access tools
- Excellent technical knowledge of PCs and desktop hardware
- Experience of Microsoft SQL Server
- Experience of all Windows Operating Systems
- Experience of Microsoft Services and Web Services
- Knowledge of routers and switches, as well as firewalls
- TCP/IP Experience
In return for your hard work you will be rewarded with a competitive salary between £25k and £26k per annum, depending on experience. You will receive 20 days annual leave plus bank holidays. After three months probation you will also be eligible for a company pension scheme and a Bupa Private Healthcare option. Hours are Monday - Friday, 9am to 5.30pm. You will be required to carry a mobile phone 1 week per month for the company's out-of-hours service and you will receive an additional income for this.
To speed up your application process it would benefit you to apply for the role via this advert and then register with Brook Street (Portsmouth branch) via the following link: https://www.brookstreet.co.uk/account/registration.aspx.
For more information please contact Ben G at Brook Street on 02380 224139 or send your CV .