I am recruiting for an experienced Part Time (18.5 hours) Academic Librarian for my client who are a University based on the outskirts of Birmingham, they are offering a salary of up to circa £14p/h (pro rata £27000)
As the University Campus' Academic Librarian, you will be liaising with the tutors and ensuring the correct material/books are available for the students to complete their research and study. You will also be assisting the students and supporting them with finding the correct references for their studies.
You will need to hold a qualification in Library and/or Information Studies or have extensive experience working within a FE or HE Library.
TYPICAL DAILY JOB DUTIES - WHAT WILL YOU BE RESPONSIBLE FOR?
- Liaise with academic staff in a given area, to ensure appropriate learning resources and effective digital and information literacy skills are delivered
-Act as a point of expertise within the Institution for the development of digital and information skills
- Gain a thorough understanding of the needs of students and staff within your curriculum area in order to advise on collections and learning resources
- Provide support for the design and provision of high quality, current, diverse and representative reading lists
18.5 hours per week to be negotiated and discussed at interview
- Comfortable in completing a DBS security check
- First degree or equivalent
- Professional qualification in Library and / or Information Studies OR significant previous experience in providing liaison / subject librarianship in an FE or HE environment
- Membership of an appropriate professional body, for example CILIP, HEA would be ideal but not essential
- Evidence of a commitment to and knowledge of contemporary Digital and Information Literacy developments
- Recent experience of delivering Information and Digital Literacy skills training, and producing associated materials
- Experience of working with a range of different learners e.g. mature students, school leavers
- Good interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels
***PLEASE ONLY APPLY IF YOU MATCH THE PERSON SPECIFICATION AND ARE ABLE TO DEMONSTRATE THIS VIA YOUR CV AND AN INTERVIEW***
PACKAGE AND BENEFITS
- Circa £27000 pro rata salary (£13500 annual based on 18.5 hours per week)
- Part time hours
- 28 days annual leave per year, pro rata (plus 8 bank holidays & 4 University closure days, pro rata)
- Attractive pension
DOES THIS SOUND LIKE YOU?
Please send your cv and call Adam or Charlie on 0121 643 6954
***If you have not received a response within 48 hours, unfortunately your cv has not been selected on this occasion***