I am recruiting for a Higher Education Academic Operations Manager for a University's Learning Centre based in the Birmingham area. This is a rare and very exciting opportunity and the University are offering a salary of circa £36000 which increases with service and a fantastic benefits package.
My client is a nationally based public University, offering a range of courses and qualifications to over 25000 students in various locations, including approx. 1500 at its Learning Centre in Birmingham. They are not your usual University and they focus on widening access to Higher Education with a very multi-cultural student base and have 3 student intakes a year as opposed to the traditional 1 intake per annum.
You will be responsible for the operational management of the Birmingham Learning Centre, which is based on two locations. This will include the management of a number of departments including student recruitment and admissions, student assessments, student support, general admin/HR and supporting the Assistant Dean, Executive Dean and Provost with the planning and organisation of the academic set up, including student timetabling and ensuring Lecturers availability. A key part of this role is working alongside the London campus and aligning best practice across both, London and Birmingham.
You will need to be commercially and strategically minded, ensuring that all processes in place are working effectively to deliver the very best and most successful student experience possible. You will also be the 'face of the University' and responsible for brand awareness, representing the university at career fairs etc. and creating sustainable professional relationships and networks.
You will be heavily involved in managing policies, procedures and ensuring that the University's Birmingham Learning Centre is fully compliant with all relevant requirements from within the University and external Bodies, such as the Quality Assurance Agency (QAA), HEFCW, UKVI, etc.
If you have experience within the education sector that would be ideal, but this would also be a perfect opportunity for a commercially minded operations manager who would like to work within the public sector.
TYPICAL DAILY JOB DUTIES - WHAT ARE YOU RESPONSIBLE FOR?
- Support the Assistant Dean, Executive Dean and Provost on all matters of policy, planning, quality assurance, management, decision-making, governance and administration arising in relation to the operations of the Birmingham Learning Centre.'
- Ensure the qualifications offered operate within a QA framework and in line with University policies and procedures
- Ensure a high-quality student experience, and assume responsibility for the pastoral care of students
- Responsible for the budget and spend across the two locations within the Learning Centre
- Lead an effective, organised and professional team, offering leadership, support and guidance
- Establish constructive, harmonious and effective working relationships with respective relevant bodies and organisations
- Be actively involved in developing and monitoring the marketing and recruitment strategy to attract new students
- Experience as a dynamic, strategic operations manager
- Experience of working in a culturally diverse environment
- Passion for higher education, specifically widening access in education
- Experience working within the education sector or public sector would be ideal
- Experience in leading and managing a team
- Confident in working to strict regulations, guidelines/legislations
- Ability to prioritise, plan and organise own activity and that of others
- Excellent customer service and communication skills with the ability to identify risks and propose solutions
- Experience of marketing services, media communications and publicity
- Experience of managing a budget including working within procurement and supply chain systems
- Experience of collecting and managing data to inform and improve performance
- Able to travel nationally on occasions
PACKAGE AND BENEFITS
- Circa £36000 annual salary wich rises up to £42000 with service
- Monday - Friday (37 hours), with the flexibility to work weekends, if required
- 35 days annual leave per year (plus 8 bank holidays & 4 University closure days)
- Above average Pension Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- On site car parking
DOES THIS SOUND LIKE YOU?
Please send your CV and call Adam on 0121 643 6954
***If you have not received a response within 48 hours, unfortunately your CV has not been selected on this occasion***