I am recruiting for a Technical Account Manager covering evening/night hours; this position is offering an overall package circa £34,000 and will offer remote working with the expectation of being in the office (Greater Manchester) on the odd occasion.
The working hours are Monday-Friday 5pm-1am so will be perfect if you are looking for a stable, full time permanent position with late/evening hours. Please note, there will be a requirement for the initial 1/2 weeks to work Monday-Friday 9-5 for initial training.
My client are tax specialists; they have helped their clients save multimillions of pounds in tax relief by researching and analysing their businesses, projects and expenditure. These businesses are innovative, technical, IT, scientific so being able to understand complicated businesses and information will be essential.
Over the past 18 months they have expanded very successfully into the Canadian market and this position will be working with clients in Canada, supporting them with their Scientific Research & Experimental Development (SR&ED) claims which is the equivalent of a UK Research & Development (R&D) tax claim.
This is a varied and fast paced position where you will oversee the successful end to end journey of your clients; this will include qualifying them as a business who are legible to make an SR&ED claim, booking meetings for business analysts to meet with your client, liaising with the tax department to ensure they have the relevant documents for a successful claim submission and keeping in regular contact with your client all the way through the process up until the outcome of their claim.
- Initial point of contact for the onboarding of your client
- In depth discussions (phone/virtual) with your clients to requalify that they are legible for an SR&ED tax claim
- Liaise with your client and the internal business analyst department to set up a meeting for them to discuss the technicalities around their claim and for them to check and request the required documents for a successful claim
- Liaise with the internal tax department to ensure they have all that is required from your client/internal business analysts to complete their tax submission to the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) - the Canadian equivalent to the HMRC
- Communication regularly with your client all the way through the process, dealing with any queries, issues, escalations, requests for further information to help support with their claim
- Work very closely with a number of internal departments to include sales, business analysts, tax consultants
- Communicate with your clients on the outcome of their SR&ED claim and advise of final stages and what to expect
- Working towards agreed daily, weekly and monthly targets
- Reliable, self-motivated and committed with genuine reasons for wanting to work late evening hours (5pm-1am)
- Ability to work without too much direction following training
- Previous account management experience would be desirable
- 1st class/2.1-degree education background within a technical/process focussed industry would be ideal i.e. finance/accounting, mathematics, engineering, economics, law, business but other non-technical industries would also be happily considered
- Technical mindset with the ability to understand technical polices/procedures
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with clients and internal departments in a professional and technically competent manner, both written and verbally
- Ability to explain technical information to your clients in a basic layman terms way
- Experience of communicating with senior individuals within a corporate environment, i.e. CEO'S, Directors, Senior Management
- Understanding of tax/finance would be beneficial but not essential
- Proven ability to gather and collate information using appropriate questioning techniques
- Excellent negotiation and methodical, systematic problem-solving skills
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to work at pace and under pressure
- Self-motivated with a positive attitude
- Team working skills with the ability to collaborate with others
- Comfortable working to and achieving KPI's/targets
***PLEASE ONLY APPLY IF YOU MATCH THE ABOVE PERSON SPECIFICATION***
SALARY AND BENEFITS
- Overall 1st year package circa £34000:
- £27000-£28000 basic salary
- Uncapped personal based bonus, realistic 1st year OTE is £4000 but it is not out of the question to be earning £1000 a month!
- £2000 annual bonus (Based on company performance)
- Evening hours, Monday - Friday 35 hour working
- Remote working
- Generous holiday entitlement which includes 25 days plus all bank holidays
If you are and interested in this position, please send your cv and call Adam on 0121 6333888.
***If you have not received a response within 48 hours your cv has not been selected***