FT 37 hours
Temporary - 5 month (could be extended)
East Kilbride (WFH)
Brook Street are working with their esteemed public sector client to place 3 accounts administrators on a temporary basis. This role requires a resilient individual with the ability manage a diverse workload, delivering a quality service.
You will be providing a broad range of accounts administration duties across their Treasury and Banking, and Accounts Payable department.
At present this role is WFH, with a view of being in the office 2 days a week in the coming months.
- Follow up and resolve specific enquiries in relation to aged invoices and accounting enquiries.
- Matching, coding and posting of invoices
- Matching invoices to purchase orders and gaining internal authorisation
- Data input, coding and workflow of non-purchase orders
- UK and Overseas Bank reconciliations, receipts, pay-runs, journals, initiating payments through external Banking platforms, supplier portal, purchasing card and expenses system support.
- Provide cover and support for help desk
- Answer phones as required
- Record data on data management system
- Any other duties as required
- Ability to learn processes, transactions and systems quickly
- Ability to work to challenging deadlines with pace and accuracy
- Applications should demonstrate sufficient experience of working in either an accounts, administrative or finance based environment
- Strong communication skills, in both oral and written forms.
- Ability to understand the perspective of and interact with diverse people.
- Ability to work under own initiative and without close supervision to successfully deliver results.
- Experience of Agresso or similar ERP system is desirable for roles in Finance teams.
- Experience in an Accounts Payable or Banking environment.
- Accounting qualification.
- A working knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially Excel.
To progress in this role you will have to pass SC clearance and 3 years of work referencing.