Job - Accounts Assistant
Salary - £22,000 - £24,000 per annum
Location - Abingdon, Oxfordshire
Job Type - Permanent, Full Time
Benefits - 25 days holiday (plus bank holiday), Company Pension Scheme, Life Cover, Private Dental & Health care, Eye car Vouchers, Free Breakfast Items
The Accounts Assistant is responsible for all aspects of the accounts receivable function within a specific territory. Working within the accounts department, the ideal candidate will be hard working and enthusiastic with the ability to meet strict deadlines.
What will you be doing as an Accounts Assistant?
- Create and maintain customer accounts
- Producing invoices, statements and credit notes
- Posting daily cash receipts
- Reconciling cash receipts to bank statements
- Chasing up outstanding debts (credit control)
- Providing customers with VAT receipts
- Rreceivable invoices onto customer e-receivable platforms
- Working with other departments to resolve customer queries
- Provide cover within in department when other staff are on leave.
- Follow the Company`s KPI`s and ensure ratios are maintained
- Apply the Company`s commercial and operational policy in relevant territories
- Work within guidelines of Company Code of Ethics and Business Conduct
- Work with internal departments to maximise communication and improve efficiencies.
You should apply for this role if you have;
- Excellent attention to detail, time management, and organizational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Ability to perform a wide variety of tasks
- Enjoy working on own initiative and as part of a team to deliver results, learn and share knowledge
- Ability to remain calm under pressure
- Ability to build strong relationships cross functionally
- GSCE or equivalent education passes in English and Maths
- Demonstrable experience of working in a similar role
- Possess excellent IT skills, including experience of working with Microsoft Excel. Knowledge of Sage Line 500 would be beneficial