Our client is seeking an Accounts Manager who will be reporting to the partner, working out of the Newton Abott office. The firm have enjoyed recent business growth and are looking for someone to join their super friendly team! You will have the opportunity to earn a basic salary between £36,000 - £42,000 per annum.
The purpose of this role is to take responsibility for the delivery of a range of compliance related services, you will build long standing relationships with your clients ensuring that you become a trusted advisor and actively contribute towards the success of their businesses. Being a qualified accountant with a background in accountancy practice, you'll be well placed to make an immediate impact with a portfolio of clients. You'll be working on a range of clients (sole traders, partnerships, and limited companies) to provide a high-quality tax, accountancy and VAT service with a high degree of accuracy.
Our client is a Chartered Accountancy practice based in the Southwest. With over a 70-year history they have built an in-depth knowledge of many sectors including agriculture, construction, education, healthcare, professional services and tourism.
TYPICAL DAILY JOB DUTIES - WHAT WILL YOU BE RESPONSIBLE FOR?
- Planning and reviewing accounts for Sole Traders, Partnerships and Limited Companies.
- Sending final accounts to clients.
- Giving tax advice, so good all-round tax knowledge required, including income, corporate and capital tax
- Forecasting work.
- Managing client portfolio including billing.
- Preparation of management and financial accounts
- Preparing partners for meetings
- Control of working progress and invoicing clients
- Production of VAT and Corporate Tax returns
- Identifying and delivering advisory services that may benefit your clients. This may include areas such as cloud accounting and systems support, Making Tax Digital as well as corporate and personal tax planning
- Dealing with everyday correspondence and E Mails.
- Participate in business development activities
- Coaching and developing junior members of the team
- The successful candidate will be ACA or ACCA qualified with at least 1 year recent post qualification experience or Qualified by Experience
- Accounts preparation experience gained from within a fast-paced accountancy practice environment
- Strong Computer and Spreadsheet Skills
- Knowledge of accounting software such as Sage, Quickbook or Xero, as well as accounts production software such as CCH
- Ability to show initiative and work within a team.
- Ability to build good client relationships
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills that enable you to build rapport with people at various levels
- Strong organisational skills and the ability to manage own workload in a timely manner while all the time ensuring we exceed client expectations
£36,000 - £42,000 per annum
Monday - Friday
Flexible working hours 9am - 4pm
***PLEASE ONLY APPLY IF YOU MATCH THE PERSON SPECIFICATION ABOVE ***
PACKAGE AND BENEFITS
- One day per week working from home
- Additional service days - ½ day holiday given for each year worked (capped at 25 days)
- Enhanced maternity leave
- Bonus payment for referring clients and staff
- Training bonuses paid for AAT, ACA and ACCA students
- Dress Down Friday
- Subsidised Gym Membership
- A social and professional network including local and firm wide events
- One professional subscription paid per year
- Enhance maternity leave
- Wellbeing Team
If you would like to know more about this role, please contact Temoor on 07483308306.
***If you have not received a response within 48 hours, unfortunately your cv has not been selected on this occasion***