Brook Street have partnered with a reputable University to recruit an Accounts Payable Administrator. (Remote)
Full-Time 37 hours per week Until September 2022.
Main purpose of the job:
The post holder will support the Accounts Payable Team Leader in the delivery of all aspects relating to the processing and payment of all incoming supplier invoices, purchasing cards and expenses claims across the University in accordance with the University's procedures, policy and regulations.
Main duties and accountabilities:
- To assist the Accounts Payable Team Leader with the maintenance and the update of the web-based ordering system (eProc).
- To assist the Accounts Payable Team Leader with the delivery of effective and efficient invoice processes, for all aspects of timely and accurate payments to suppliers.
- To assist the Accounts Payable Team Leader with ensuring that all CHAPS and foreign payments are processed and completed accurately and on a timely basis.
- To assist the Accounts Payable Team Leader with ensuring all Schools/Colleges/Service follow procurement processes, in particular waivers and monitor orders and invoices on a daily basis.
- To assist the Accounts Payable Team Leader with ensuring that all BACS payment runs, cheques, foreign payments and remittance advices are processed and completed accurately and on a timely basis.
Assist with the delivery of effective and efficient expense claim processes, for all aspects of timely payments to staff, non-staff and students. The post holder will liaise with students, external customers and their representatives, Schools/Colleges and Professional Services staff in order to co-ordinate information in respect of the delivery of the Accounts Payable Service. They will be required to communicate effectively with staff at all levels within these areas whilst maintaining a professional attitude at all times.
- Have a good standard of education including GCSE Maths and English grade C or above or NVQ2 equivalent.
- Demonstrable experience of working within a financial operations environment, including Accounts Payable activities.
- Demonstrate IT skills including using Outlook and Word, Excel.
- Completed or working towards AAT qualification
- Demonstrable experience of accounting and using bespoke finance systems.
- Experience of working in a large, complex organisation or demonstrable equivalent experience.
- Ability to prioritise and schedule own workload in the face of conflicting demands.
- Ability to meet set deadlines within the agreed timetable.
- Ability to continually develop and improve systems and processes within a changing environment.