Brook Street recruitment is delighted to be assisting our client in SE Belfast to recruit a new full time and permanent Accounts Payable Clerk
General Purpose of the job
To perform the day to day tasks associated with the efficient running of Accounts Payable. The post holder will be responsible for the timely processing of purchase invoices queries, assisting in resolution of same and the month end supplier payment run. The post holder is also responsible for assisting the Accounts Supervisor in the month end close off routines.
Duties & Responsibilities
* Manage purchase invoice queries, including, but not limited to, notification of query to the supplier, recording same on accounts system and maintenance of the hard copy query files.
* Resolve invoice discrepancies.
* Notification of ongoing queries to operations and department heads on a regular basis.
* Ensure all invoices falling due for payment are either paid or queried in a timely fashion.
* Monthly supplier statement reconciliations and resolution of reconciling differences.
* Management of the monthly payment run, including, but not limited to, production of cheques, BACS payments, remittances, notifications of invoices on query and postage to suppliers.
* Maintenance of the Accounts Payable on the accounts system, including, but not limited to, payment terms, rebates due, discounts allowed and supplier addresses.
* Ensure all unallocated payments are allocated before month end closing.
* Costing and posting of all overhead invoices and obtaining approvals for payment.
* Reanalysis of cheque journal and cash book.
* Monthly reconciliation of Credit card and Debit card transactions.
* Any other ad-hoc duties that should arise.
* Minimum 3 years` experience of accounts payable.
* Must be PC proficient and able to thrive in a fast -pace setting.
* Must have experience with Microsoft Excel.
* Proficient in data entry and management.
* Organising and prioritising.
* Attention to detail and accuracy.
* Communication skills.
* Being professional and thorough.
* Taking initiative.
* Being a team player.
Experience with Sage 200 and Construct an advantage.
* Part qualified/IATI.
* Previous working knowledge of month end routines and preparation of monthly management accounts.
The marginal functions of this position have not been included. This job description in no way implies that these are the only duties to be performed. An employee will be required to follow any other job-related duties required by the manager.
Please send CV via the link