Accounts Administrator/Accounts Payable
Monday to Friday 9-5
To support the Team Leader in in ensuring an efficient, accurate and well controlled transaction processing service to Government Department to enable it to meet its strategic objectives.
- Monitor the AP inbox ensuring all enquiries are answered in a timely manner, and prioritising urgent requests and more complex queries escalated to line managers to achieve a quick solution.
- Ensure overpayments are logged and information passed on to the AP and CM Team leader.
- Monitor all Box-it and BACS rejections so information can be used to reduce future rejections.
- Monitor undelivered emails and the information to be updated in the system.
- Maintain a functioning Omnidox system.
- Actively monitor the AP Queue in the Omnidox on-line invoice authorisation system ensuring all invoices reach the correct certifiers.
- Create all new suppliers on eFinancials (eFin) within 24 hours of the request or receipt of invoice, keeping and maintaining the filing system storing the information for audit trail.
- Update new information on suppliers following the current procedures on eFin keeping and maintaining the filing system storing the information for audit trail.
- Ensure all invoices received at OKS are either scanned or posted to Box-it within 48 hours of receipt.
- Provide and Account Payable function
- Ensure post duties are carried out on the delegated day (normally once a week)
- Liaise with customers and clients to resolve outstanding queries.
- Manage own work so that all targets are met. Review all outstanding work on a regular basis.
- Support the Team Leader and Accounts Payable Manager in implementing agreed audit recommendations as required.
- Cover the work of colleagues on leave when necessary and escalate any issues that might prove difficult to line manager, so urgent issues are not missed.
- Plan ahead and set realistic targets to meet objectives.
Please note due to working in government you will need to under go a background check to be successful.