Our client is seeking a Semi Senior Accountant who will be reporting to the healthcare manager, working out of the Newton Abbott office. The firm have enjoyed recent business growth and are looking for someone to join their super friendly team! You will have the opportunity to earn a basic salary between £24,000 - £26,000 per annum.
The purpose of this role is to provide support to the accountants in your team by preparing sole trader accounts and partnership accounts to a Draft Stage. To assist with the completion of personal tax calculations, tax returns, management accounts, bookkeeping and Annual Pension forms.
Our client is a Chartered Accountancy practice based in the Southwest. With over a 70-year history they have built an in-depth knowledge of many sectors including agriculture, construction, education, healthcare, professional services and tourism.
TYPICAL DAILY JOB DUTIES - WHAT WILL YOU BE RESPONSIBLE FOR?
- Monitoring daily communications and answering queries
- Preparing accounts to a draft stage
- Preparing personal tax calculations and tax returns
- Preparing superannuation calculations and annual pension forms
- Liaising with clients and third parties to resolve any queries
- Assisting with administrative tasks that fall within the responsibility of the department including B10s,
- Additional work when required by managers
- Assisting with the training of junior staff
- Preparing documents for managers/partners for client meetings
- Records control within the department - where we hold client records and make sure both the spreadsheet and client details are up to date.
- AAT Qualified or qualified by experience
- Experience in Medical Practice Accounts is essential.
- Experience/Knowledge of accounts is essential.
- Good Communication Skills are essential.
- Confidence in using Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, knowledge on how to use Microsoft outlook and Microsoft Teams
- Account's production software such as CCH desirable but not essential
- Ability to show initiative and work within a team.
- Ability to build good client relationships
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills that enable you to build rapport with people at various levels
- Strong organisational skills and the ability to manage own workload in a timely manner whilst ensuring we exceed client expectations
£24,000 - £26,000 per annum
Monday - Friday
Flexible working hours 9am - 4pm
***PLEASE ONLY APPLY IF YOU MATCH THE PERSON SPECIFICATION ABOVE ***
PACKAGE AND BENEFITS
- One day per week working from home
- Additional service days - ½ day holiday given for each year worked (capped at 25 days)
- Enhanced maternity leave
- Bonus payment for referring clients and staff
- Training bonuses paid for AAT, ACA and ACCA students
- Dress Down Friday
- Subsidised Gym Membership
- A social and professional network including local and firm wide events
- One professional subscription paid per year
- Enhance maternity leave
- Wellbeing Team
If you would like to know more about this role, please contact Temoor on 07483308306.
***If you have not received a response within 48 hours, unfortunately your cv has not been selected on this occasion***