Job title: Accounts Supervisor
Contract type: Full-time, Permanent
Hours: Monday to Friday (09:00 - 17:00)
Salary: Starting from £22,000 per annum (depending on experience) + performance bonuses
We are recruiting for an experienced Accounts Supervisor to join one of our successful clients in their Hull City Centre office.
We are looking for an ambitious, organised, skilled, and experienced finance supervisor.
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Leading a small friendly admin team with all daily tasks of finance department, mainly using Sage 50 and Excel, including but not limited to:
- Processing supplier invoices and setting up payments via BACS and other online payments.
- Preparing customer invoices and statements in line with their required MI data (Understanding Public Sector Contract Payments would be an advantage).
- Allocating receipts and payments in line with agreed budgets and nominal accounts.
- Maintaining effective credit control procedures.
- Regular reconciliation of bank and petty cash.
- Payroll Preparation using Sage Payroll and setting up monthly staff salary payments.
- Preparing monthly management accounts and timely project reports as required.
- Maintaining cash flow and monitor allocation of resources.
- Dealing with all types of financial queries, investigating discrepancies, identifying and correcting errors.
- Completing and submitting VAT returns.
- Preparing End of year information
- Expert knowledge of Sage 50 accounting and Sage 50 Payroll systems, qualified to at least Level 3 AAT, preferably higher.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in a similar position.