Brook Street is delighted to be working with our Belfast client to recruit a new full time and permanent Accounting Technician to join their team
The candidate hired will be responsible to assist the Financial Controller with the day-to-day running of the Accounts Department and provide a comprehensive accountancy service for the company.
- Assist in managing the day-to-day and monthly control of all accounting systems to ensure the complete and accurate processing of financial data in accordance with company procedures.
- Manage sales ledgers by credit checking, referencing, and reviewing new accounts, reviewing existing accounts, credit control management and maintaining all necessary records and ensure that relevant financial information is passed to staff.
- Manage purchase ledgers to ensure that the company meets its suppliers` obligations as they fall due, both domestic and foreign.
- Producing and analysing necessary statements and reports to enable the accurate measurement of cash flow, debtors etc within strict deadlines.
- Assist with maintaining the nominal ledgers and postings.
- Assist with month end procedures and journals for all ledgers.
- Prepare statistical returns and financial analysis on a range of topics in a timely manner for internal and external use including but not limited to: Account reconciliations - bank / debtors / creditors / VAT and Duty Calculation of accruals and prepayments Maintenance of inter company accounts
- Preparation of online banking payment authorisations domestic and foreign account transfers and external payments.
- Assist in the preparation of monthly management accounts and annual financial statements for the Group.
- Assist in maintaining a close working relationship with the external auditors to ensure compliance and cooperation with their requirements and to provide an effective audit trail.
- Ensure that files are prepared, and financial information is 2 presentable and ordered for annual audit
- 3 years in an Accounting Role
- Min of 4 GCSEs to include English and Maths at grade C or above /or equivalent
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Excel; formulas etc
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Word
- Must be willing to work outside normal office hours (occasionally)
- Must hold a clean driving licence
Working 35 hrs a week, - Mon to Fri -9am to 5pm, 1 hr lunch
Salary will depend on background - £23,500 - £24,000 per annum
Please send CV via the link