Brook Street (UK) Limited is working on behalf of our East Belfast client to recruit an Acting Senior Care Worker.
The main tasks of the job will be to assist the Manager in the smooth day-to-day running of the care home in accordance with the Residential Care Homes Regulations (NI) 2005, the RQIA Regulations Care Standards and the clients Policies and Procedure and to undertake management/administrative tasks as may be delegated by the Manager.
The candidate hired for this role will be responsible to help ensure high standards, continuity and efficient running and maintenance in the following areas -
A - The domestic character of the home, e.g. cleanliness and tidiness.
B -The physical character of the home, i.e. grounds, equipment and building, ensuring repairs are carried out as necessary.
C - Established emergency procedures e.g. fire.
D - Security of the care home and all keys.
E - Quality of service ensuring assistance to residents as necessary in bathing, dressing, feeding, toileting and care of clothing.
F - Adequate staff cover including managerial cover at all times.
* Help create a relaxed and homely environment which maximises the individual residents` opportunities for self-determination.
* Attend meetings / conferences as requested, in relation to the residents and the running of the home
* Following the agreed procedures, to take responsibility for the correct custody, control and administering of medication when appropriate.
* Share oversight of menus and the preparation and serving of food.
* Adhere to satisfactory standards of hygiene and ensure they are acceptable to environmental health.
* Observe company policy in relation to Health and Safety legislation ensuring that staff and residents do likewise and to report to the Manager, any matters of concern regarding this.
* Liaise with other agencies, voluntary groups and individuals in the community to maximise opportunities for residents to socialise and take part in activities in their local community.
* In agreement with the Manager, to delegate tasks as appropriate, ensuring they are satisfactorily performed.
Candidates will be required to undertake sleep-in duties as required.
The role is full time and permanent - 34 hours per week - Level 2 in Health & Social Care essential
If interested, please send you CV via the link - full job spec can be provided on application