Admin Assistant - Days Mon- Fri and some Saturdays on a rota.
To maintain the integrity of the UK passport by undertaking a range of administrative tasks primarily associated with the processing of passport applications.
Key Responsibilities may include:
- To provide administrative support to the operational command unit in delivering a range of services.
- To co-ordinate and move applications, letters and files within and to other HM Passport Offices
- To record file movements and application data through input to HM Passport Office Computer Systems.
- To maintain pigeon holes, filing in strict alphabetical order.
- To link incoming queries with relevant application forms / case files and pass to officer for processing.
- To ensure that scheduled daily tasks are identified and actioned.
- To correctly despatch correspondence to customers including appropriate enclosures and using correct mail services.
- To data input and print passport books.
- To undertake post opening duties.
- To adhere to HM Passport Office Policies and Procedures
- Maintain security and confidentiality at all times
- To work flexibly and provide support to other operational colleagues / areas as required
- To take responsibility for one's own attendance, performance and personal development
Note: Some of these duties may involve physical work including light lifting and the transfer of boxes of work between business areas for which manual handling training will be provided. An employee may be required to carry out other duties within the scope of the grade and within the limits of their skill, competence and training.