We are looking for an organised and professional individual to provide Administration Assistance to the Security department. This is a very interesting role, carrying out effective and efficient administration support to the Wetherby Prisons.
You would need to provide administration support ensuring staff & service users are supported through efficient processes.
- Be the first point of contact for families/friends of prisoners and official visitors
- Receive telephone call and emails from visitors
- Booking in visits and sending out visit orders
- produce and distribute visit lists in advance of all sessions and safeguarding lists for visits
- Ensure that public protection and security information is kept up to date and relevant on the booking system
- Monitor for any alerts identified for prisoners and their visitors to ensure safety of all concerned and raise issues around underage visitors, informing security of any issues
- Maintain accurate filing systems
- Respond to queries or redirect to correct department
The ideal candidate would have the following:
- Excellent customer service skills and ability to speak confidently within a team
- Ability to work as part of a team and on own initiative
- Ability to deal with challenging customers
- Excellent sickness record
- Strong communication skills (verbal & written)
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to multitask
- Quick learner
Rate of pay: £7.83 per hour. The rate goes up after 12 weeks to £8.12 per hour.
This is a long term temporary role