Up to £10.46 per hour + Holiday and pension scheme in salary
13 days ago
Hybrid role (1 day minimum in the office) as an Admin Assistant at UKRI in Swindon £10.46 per hour to start ASAP
Brook Street is currently recruiting an Admin Assistant until 05/07/24 in Swindon to start ASAP. Contract likely to be extended.
The Public Policy and Engagement team in ESRC (Economic & Social Research Council) works to initiate, fund, and deliver projects and programmes which bring together academic researchers and policymakers. The team works to ensure that research can inform the development of public policy to address social and economic challenges.
As an Admin Assistant you will provide general admin support within the team, you will need to be flexible, hardworking and have the ability to provide good customer service to a variety of users.
An excellent package is offered, including:
- Contract until 05/07/24 to start ASAP
- Hybrid; 1 day working in the office and 4 days working from home
- Office based in Swindon. Parking spaces available on site
- £10.46 per hour
- Full time Monday to Friday 37.5 hours per week. Half an hour for lunch
- Flexible hours (core hours 9:00 - 17:00)
- Holiday and pension scheme in salary
- Full training will be given
Duties may include but not be limited to:
- Assisting with arranging internal and external meetings, liaise with venues, booking desks and meeting rooms and making catering arrangements, manage guest lists, setting up online meetings using appropriate software (e.g., Zoom, MS Teams)
- Making travel and accommodation arrangements for staff members
- Preparing meeting papers, including monitoring their receipt and collation, arranging printing where necessary, despatching agendas and papers to internal and external participants and saving documents on shared systems
- Recording expenditure for activities and allocating to the correct budget codes
- Scanning and filing papers into shared systems and managing the structure of the electronic filing system
- Invoicing and travel and subsistence processing, liaising with colleagues across UK Research and Innovation as necessary
- Monitoring shared mailboxes to ensure that enquiries and requests are dealt with in a timely manner
- Dealing with telephone calls and either responding or passing to colleagues for action
- Previous admin experience
- Good accurate typing/data entry skills
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Good strong working knowledge of Microsoft packages
- Ability to follow instructions
- Ability to work as part of a team but also able to work independently
- Attention to detail and ability to prioritise workload
The role is subject to 3-year referencing and standard DBS check.
Please apply online with your current CV in WORD format only. Due to the high number of applications we receive, it may not be possible to respond to all applications. Any questions, please contact Bristol PSR team on 0117 948 6317.
Contact Francisco Castilla in our Bristol office for more information.
At Brook Street, we believe that by harnessing diversity of thought and experience across our company, exceptional things happen. We continually strive for a highly diverse workforce and an inclusive culture where everyone feels valued, listened to and able to discover their personal best.
Brook Street is a Disability Confident Leader, and we have also hold Gold Award status from the Defence Employer Recognition Scheme.
Our supply of Contingent Workers to the Public Sector Resourcing Framework (PSR) has driven us to take further steps in supporting candidates with disabilities or veterans. Through our Guaranteed Interview Scheme, we offer candidates with disabilities and veteran who meet the stipulated criteria for the role, a guaranteed interview with a PSR Sourcer.
Should you identify as a candidate with a disability or as a veteran, we encourage you to reach out to us via the Brook Street website. Here you will find a link to register your interest and the role that you are interested in. We are committed to engaging with you.
Throughout the application process we will discuss any reasonable adjustments needed. Your comfort and accessibility are of utmost importance to us, and we are eager to ensure a seamless communication journey.