Up to £10.95 per hour +
AA - MOJ_1707545034
16 days ago
Have you ever wanted to work within the civil service? Do you have great customer service and administration skills? We are looking for candidates to join our client the Ministry of Justice as an Administrative Assistant
The Ministry of Justice - Admin Assistant
Hours: Monday - Friday (37 hours)
This is an ongoing temporary position with the possibility of a further extension at the discretion of the business requirements.
We are currently recruiting for full time Administration Assistant to join the Team with our client, The Ministry of Justice based at Phoenix House. The role will include working as part of a flexible busy office support team and will be responsible for the general administration for the office.
- General Office - scanning and photocopying documents, receipt and dispatch of post, telephone calls, computer input and output, manual filing and e-filing
- List Preparation - Preparing paper and e-files in advance of hearings, producing judges noting sheets, providing court lists to stakeholders
- Opening post and sorting received mail in to order
- Moving files to relevant teams
- Working in the basement where the filing cabinets are on a rota basis
- Lifting files and documentation that can be heavy at times
- Data inputting and using Microsoft Excel and Word
- Dispatching post and case files using courier services
- Responsible for paper file maintenance - keeping all documents filed correctly
- Working to high daily minimum expectations of output with 100% accuracy rates
What we are looking for:
- Ability to work as part of a team and on own initiative
- Excellent sickness record
- Strong communication skills (verbal & written)
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to multitask
- Quick learner
This role will require movement of bulky court files around the court building and time spent in bulk storage rooms extracting and filing from low and high levels
*Please note working for the Ministry of Justice will require you to have photographic ID. This can be a Full-length Birth Certificate supported by a driving or provisional licence in your current address OR an in-date passport*
Brook Street are proud to support the Armed Forces Covenant and as such, we guarantee to interview all candidates who are veterans or spouses/partners of military personnel, and who meet all the essential criteria for the vacancy.
As a Disability Confident Leader, and holder of the Gold Award status from the Defence Employer Recognition Scheme, Brook Street, as a supplier to the Public Sector Resourcing Framework (PSR), will offer you a guaranteed interview with a PSR Sourcer.
Should you identify as a candidate with a disability and/or as a veteran or spouse/partner of military personnel and meet all the essential criteria for the role, we encourage you to reach out to us via the Brook Street website. Here you will find a link to register your interest and state the role that you are interested in. We are committed to engaging with you.
In cases where we have a high volume of ex-military candidates/military spouses/partners, who meet all of the essential criteria, Brook Street will interview the best candidates from within that group.