23 days ago
Have you ever wanted to work within the civil service? Do you have great customer service and administration skills? We are looking for candidates to join our client the Ministry of Justice as an Administrative Assistant
- Location: Bradford Law/County Courts, Drake St, BD1 1JA
- Hours: Monday - Friday, 37 hours per week (9:00-17:00)
- Salary: £10.42 per hour
- Temporary contract: Likely to be extended subject to client's discretion and business requirements
Providing administrative support to the courts using local IT systems, drawing up court orders from judges and list preparation. You will also act as a court usher, being an essential first point of contact for users of the court. This is a varied, fast-paced role, we are looking for a candidate who can work well under pressure and will thrive in a busy working environment.
Responsibilities will include:
- General Office admin - scanning and photocopying documents, receipt and dispatch of post, computer input and output, manual filing and e-filing
- List Preparation - Preparing paper and e-files in advance of hearings, producing judges noting sheets, providing court lists to stakeholders
- Obtain names of all parties in attendance and show into hearings at required time
- Keep Court room and hearing rooms tidy and well managed
- Maintain supplies for judge and court users
- Overseeing administrative procedures and processes
- Filing and extracting court documents
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Good communication skills, both spoken and written
- Use your own initiative as well as working part of a team
- Strong admin ability
- IT skills- using court IT systems (full training provided)
- Strong customer service skills
We recruit on behalf of some of the country's best-known organisations across all industry sectors, as well as being a preferred and sole supplier for various Government departments. We are located across 50+ high street locations, making hiring and job searching more personal. Our nationwide reach means we can engage with job seekers and employers in person, allowing us to tailor our approach to their unique requirements perfectly.
For further details on any of our vacancies, please contact your local Brook Street branch. Details can be found on our website.
At Brook Street, we believe that by harnessing diversity of thought and experience across our company, exceptional things happen. We continually strive for a highly diverse workforce and an inclusive culture where everyone feels valued, listened to and able to discover their personal best.
Brook Street is a Disability Confident Leader, and we have also hold Gold Award status from the Defence Employer Recognition Scheme.
Our supply of Contingent Workers to the Public Sector Resourcing Framework (PSR) has driven us to take further steps in supporting candidates with disabilities or veterans. Through our Guaranteed Interview Scheme, we offer candidates with disabilities and veteran who meet the stipulated criteria for the role, a guaranteed interview with a PSR Sourcer.
Should you identify as a candidate with a disability or as a veteran, we encourage you to reach out to us via the Brook Street website. Here you will find a link to register your interest and the role that you are interested in. We are committed to engaging with you.
Throughout the application process we will discuss any reasonable adjustments needed. Your comfort and accessibility are of utmost importance to us, and we are eager to ensure a seamless communication journey.
*Please note working for the Ministry of Justice will require you to have photographic ID. This can be a Full-length Birth Certificate supported by a driving or provisional licence in your current address OR an in-date passport*
If you are interested in this role, please apply now!