Do you have experience working in a scientific/clinical environment?
We are working alongside an Educational college that are looking for an Administration Assistant/PA to join their team on a 12-week temporary contact with a possibility of an extension.
With this position the client is flexible on what hours you work across Mon-Friday and is paying £12.81p/h. (Full/Part time)
This is a responsible role requiring efficient administrative skills combined with a professional, proactive and flexible approach to work. The successful applicant will have a `can do` attitude combined with the experience, skills and attributes to handle a wide range of confidential information with tact and diplomacy and to be comfortable with shifting priorities. The post-holder will be required to work independently, with minimal supervision, and be able to respond flexibly to the demands of this varied role
The role sits within the administrative assistant team and will be line managed by the Executive Officer (Operations). The post-holder will also be required to provide cross-cover within the team to support the smooth running of activities for the institute.
- Making travel arrangements for both UK and overseas travel Producing itineraries and travel documentation and arranging appropriate travel insurance.
- Coordination of the Departmental meeting room booking system.
- Carry out administrative tasks associated with the issuing of staff parking permits.
- To manage Executive Office travel claims and liaise with the finance office to progress claims to external bodies.
- Arranging departmental seminars or events. Booking venues, preparing itineraries, hotel, refreshments and travel arrangements.
- Collating complex spreadsheet information to support financial decision making.
- Preparation of presentations and reports using Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Organising meetings, taking and publishing minutes and prompting on all forward actions.
- Arranging Executive Office meetings including the preparation and circulation of papers for meetings in addition to arranging meeting rooms and ordering refreshments.
If you are interested please contact Lewis Smith at Brook Street on 01235 706100. - Many thanks.