We are currently recruiting candidates for long term temporary public sector assignment based in Redhill (training is given in Guildford). The successful candidate will provide an effective and efficient first point of contact with all visitors, telephone callers and undertake administrative functions in accordance with service policy and procedures. This role will include some admin tasks as it is a Band 2 Admin role although the role is based at reception. This role will require some evening reception work until 9pm. The pay starts on £8.36 per hour increasing up to £9.02 after 12 working weeks.
The post holder will be based at Redhill office once the building is ready but in the meantime and for training the post holder will be based at Guildford Probation Office.
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Good keyboard and word processing skills
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to use and work on own initiative
- Ability to use databases
The job holder will be required to carry out the following responsibilities, activities and duties:
- Setting up and maintaining accurate information.
- Administration of referrals to and relationships between offender management, victims, interventions, service providers and external agencies and partnerships to enhance positive outcomes, manage risk, and reduce reoffending.
- Prepare, maintain and collate case and other records.
- Receive and distribute information and communications.
- To greet offenders and visitors, log their arrival and departure, ensure the appropriate member of staff is notified and issue visitor passes and security fobs as necessary
- To be first point of contact for partner businesses
- To handle incoming and outgoing telephone calls, take messages and transmit to the appropriate person.
- To deal with all mail items; incoming, outgoing and internal
- To take bookings, support and service meeting rooms including training event registration as required
- To pay bus fares/travel warrants to offenders and handle day to day petty cash
- To log building faults and incidents and keep a log of maintenance and repairs
- To assist with scanning and archiving as required
- To access databases for information as necessary and input information as required
- To order office stationery in liaison with the line manager
Please submit your updated CV in word format alternatively call Piroska Danyi on 02089181440.