Brook Street have a fantastic opportunity to work with one of our government based clients in Colchester. This role as Admin Officer is starting as soon as possible on a long term temporary basis.
Pay - £10.88 per hour paid weekly
Full time hours- 37 hrs p/w (Monday - Friday)
Location - Colchester
The Temporary Worker will provide administrative support. He or she will follow set procedures and will exercise some independent judgement in carrying out instructions, under general supervision.
Examples of work performed will include but not be restricted to:
- Opening up/locking-up of Practice premises and maintaining security in accordance with Practice protocols.
- Maintaining and monitoring the Practice appointments system.
- Processing personal and telephone requests for appointments, visits and telephone consultations and ensuring callers are directed to the appropriate healthcare professional.
- Processing and distributing incoming and outgoing mail.
- Taking messages and passing on information. Filing and retrieving paperwork.
- Computer data entry/data allocation and collation; processing and recording information in accordance with Practice procedures.
- Ensure that clinical rooms are ready for use and stocked with appropriate prescriptions, forms, stationary etc. Initiating contact with and responding to requests from patients and other team members.
- Providing clerical assistance to Practice staff as required, including word/data processing, filing, photocopying and scanning.
- Ordering, re-ordering and monitoring of stationary and other supplies.
- Keeping the reception area, noticeboards and leaflet dispensers tidy and free from obstruction and clutter, and ready to receive patients by the agreed opening time.
- Cover for colleagues during periods of absence.
- Attend multi-disciplinary team meetings and contribute accordingly.
- Take minutes and distribute and action where necessary.
Typical qualifications and experience:
- Five GCSEs at Grade C or above or equivalent (including English Language or equivalent)
- NVQ Business Administration Level 2 (or suitable clerical experience)
- Administrative experience with a good knowledge of and experience in using Microsoft Office
- Good communication skills, both oral and written
The successful candidate will have to undertake DBS check and 3 years worth references.
Please apply below if you are interested and we will get in touch with you.