Up to £11.28 per hour
28 days ago
Our client HM Courts & Tribunals Service (HMCTS) is an agency of the Ministry of Justice. HMCTS provides administrative support for the legal system across England and Wales, ensuring justice works for everyone.
Our justice system defends our fundamental rights and freedoms. It is a cornerstone of our modern society, and it must serve all those who call on it, when they call on it. From some of the most vulnerable people in our society, to families in crisis, claimants and commercial businesses - HMCTS has a responsibility to administer a justice system that is accessible to everyone and operates efficiently
Job title: Admin Officer
Hourly rate: £11.88 per hour
Location: Peterborough Magistrates Courts
Start date: As soon as possible
Looking for work in the Public Sector? We have an excellent opportunity for you! We are currently recruiting an Admin Officer to aid the smooth running of the daily admin tasks working as part of a team for HMCTS in Peterborough. Please note that this is a Temporary role which will be ongoing until 31/12/23 and will be likely to extend.
As an Admin Officer you will be making a real difference to people's lives which is such a rewarding an integral part of working at HMCTS. In this role, you will be assigned to teams to carry out a variety of general Administrative Duties, such as:
- Progress Cases through the Court/Tribunal system and provide support to other functions in HMCTS.
-Process orders from the Court
- Problem Solving. You will refer to Problem solving hubs and comprehensive guidelines to support with this.
- Regular liaising with court/tribunal users (Including members of the Judiciary and the legal profession).
- Taking inbound and outbound phone calls. Calls can vary from people wanting to know when their court date is, result of their case, wanting to request an adjournment to making of complaints
The suitable applicant for this role will be:
-Flexible and can adapt to variations in work or environment and your effectiveness isn't impacted by changes within the business.
- Remain open to learning new skills in other departments and help where needed.
-Professional in a Court environment as there will be regular contact with Court / Tribunal users, including members of the Judiciary and the legal profession.
-Efficient in time management
- Making effective decisions in line with the needs of the business
-Confident in utilising the tools provided to achieve a high work standard
- Have the ability to communicate and provide necessary feedback in a clear, constructive and considerate manner.
- Able to work efficiently within a team
The successful candidate must hold some transferable skills such as excellent written and verbal skills, customer service and the ability to work in a fast past environment.
Apply online today! successful applicants will be contacted within 5 days. Unfortunately, if you do not hear from us within this time, it will mean you have not been shortlisted for