Up to £11.45 per hour
3 months ago
Up to 2 Months
Here at Brookstreet Recruitment have a fantastic opportunity for someone who is a strong administrator to work within the Department for Education and are looking to get Admin Officers started as soon as possible. If this is something that sounds interesting, please apply below!
Brook Street are proud to be working in partnership with the Department for Education, based in Darlington. We are recruiting for Admin Officers (Temporary) on a full-time basis to be based at the Bishopgate House office with the opportunity to work hybrid from home.
Assignment: January or February until March 2024 - Potential to return throughout the year for a number of intakes
Rate of Pay: £11.45 per hour
Hours: 37 per week, Monday - Friday - (Monday to Thursday 8.30am-4.30pm Friday 8.30am-4pm)
Location: Bishopgate House, Darlington
Working arrangements: Hybrid Working from Home and Darlington Office
To deliver a wide range of work, the Department for Education is a dynamic environment and relies on talented people with a wide range of skills and experience. That's where you come in!
You will build good working relationships both internally (with your team and peers) and externally.
What your primary duties can include:
- Responsible for interacting with external customers (local authorities and schools)
- Performing tasks such as taking calls, making telephone calls (at peak times this can be extremely high volumes) dealing with Service Request Forms (SR Forms) from external customers and trying to resolve their queries, escalating issues to their manager.
- To provide efficient, customer focused Service Desk support service to data providers and partners which conforms to Departmental and data Operations standards and procedures. To ensure all Data Operations performance indicators, service level agreements, security standards and responsibilities under Data Protection Act 2018 and GDPR are met.
- To collect and process complex survey returns, analysing origins of errors in returned data. Contacting relevant data providers to explain problems and obtain corrective information. This must be completed according to Data Operations procedures and quality standards, in order to ensure the delivery of datasets to the quality and timescales specified by internal customers in their requirements.
To apply for this post, you will:
- Strive to produce work that is of the highest quality and look for ways to help others
- Strong administration skills
- Confident in using Microsoft Packages
- Good Literacy/Numeracy skills
- Have strong communication and interpersonal skills both oral and written
- Be proactive, taking ownership and accountability for decisions and commitments
- Have the ability to solve problems and be resilient
- Have strong planning, time management and organisational skills
- Candidates must have the facilities to enable them to work from home - E.g. A secure internet access; a comfortable working space which would enable work to be undertaken of a sensitive nature i.e. no shared spaces.
In return for your work and commitment, working for Brook Street can offer you some fantastic benefits:
- The opportunity to join and work in the Public Sector
- Learning and development opportunities to grow your career
- Competitive salary
- 28 days Annual Leave per year (pro-rata)
- Wide variety of flexible benefits and working options to suit your lifestyle
- Full training and induction
We recruit on behalf of some of the country's best-known organisations across all industry sectors, as well as being a preferred and sole supplier for various Government departments. We are located across 50+ high street locations, making hiring and job searching more personal. Our nationwide reach means we can engage with job seekers and employers in person, allowing us to tailor our approach to their unique requirements perfectly.
For further details on any of our vacancies, please contact your local Brook Street branch. Details can be found on our website.