Up to £12.84 per hour
about 1 month ago
Position: Administrative Officer - Case Progression Officer
Salary: £12.84 per hour
Assignment: Temporary 6-month with possibility of extension to 12 months
Hours: 37 hours per week
Hybrid working: 2 days in the office & 3 days at home
Brook Street in partnership with the Home Office has a fantastic opportunity to join their existing team of admin officers as a Case Progression Officer.
You will be working in a busy department, dealing directly with casework preparation, correspondence, and written representations within short time frames. It is a role which changes from day to day. The role will challenge you but is also rewarding, varied and interesting, and can provide a good insight into the varying roles in Home Office.
The ability to work calmly under pressure is essential, you will need to be resilient and capable of working within process-driven situations.
- Ensuring case files are decision-ready for casework, appeals or removal processes
- Creating appeal bundles
- Tasks associated with intake /work flow
- Reviewing detention in line with published policy and guidance
- Providing written explanations for proposed decision
- Ensuring work is completed accurately and within agreed timescales
- Updating relevant databases
- Providing support by undertaking a range of administrative tasks such as case tracking, monitoring electronic in-boxes, issuing letters, responding to correspondence, and updating relevant databases and files
- Supporting the team with ad-hoc admin work
- Not customer facing at any point, but some customer contact via emails or solicitors
- Experience of working quickly in a fast-paced environment
- Good communication and writing skills
- Interpersonal skills to build productive relationships
- Able to use IT systems proficiently
- Committed to meeting the high standards of conduct and behaviour that is expected of a civil servant
- Team work and working independently
- A positive approach
- Flexibility/agility, adapting to the needs of the team
- Experience of using continuous improvement techniques to improve performance and engagement
- Experience of working in an immigration or asylum capacity would be advantageous
- 4 weeks training: On-site: 9 am to 5 pm
- 4 weeks - Buddy training
- no block holidays during the 8 weeks training period
** You will be required to undertake security clearance for these roles, and it is imperative that you hold a valid passport and be able to provide two proofs of current address and a proof of national insurance document. **
Start dates will be confirmed once we have had clearance back but will be expected to be around November.
Due to the volume of applications we receive, if you do not hear back within 7 days, please assume that you have been unsuccessful.
At Brook Street, we believe that by harnessing diversity of thought and experience across our company, exceptional things happen. We continually strive for a highly diverse workforce and an inclusive culture where everyone feels valued, listened to and able to discover their personal best.
Brook Street is a Disability Confident Leader, and we have also hold Gold Award status from the Defence Employer Recognition Scheme.
Our supply of Contingent Workers to the Public Sector Resourcing Framework (PSR) has driven us to take further steps in supporting candidates with disabilities or veterans. Through our Guaranteed Interview Scheme, we offer candidates with disabilities and veteran who meet the stipulated criteria for the role, a guaranteed interview with a PSR Sourcer.
Should you identify as a candidate with a disability or as a veteran, we encourage you to reach out to us via the Brook Street website. Here you will find a link to register your interest and the role that you are interested in. We are committed to engaging with you.
Throughout the application process we will discuss any reasonable adjustments needed. Your comfort and accessibility are of utmost importance to us, and we are eager to ensure a seamless communication journey.