Up to £11.88 per hour + Holiday and pension scheme in salary
about 1 month ago
***Hybrid role as an Admin Officer (AO) at Exeter Law Court £11.88 per hour to start ASAP***
Looking forward to building a career in Courts?
Brook Street is currently recruiting a temporary Admin Officer for 6 months to start ASAP, contract likely to be extended.
The SW RSU are the interface unit between the HQ Directorates and the Operational Region. The RSU is responsible for delivery of all the support services to a Region's Judiciary, Delivery Director, Heads Of and the Cluster operational staff. We are the liaison, cascade and escalation point between regional front-line Operations and HQ.
The key purpose of the role is to assist the Head of RSU as a part of the wider team in supporting the Delivery Director, the Regional Management Board, and the operation of the courts and tribunals within the Region, working as a part of a flexible team.
An excellent package is offered, including:
- £11.88 per hour
- Hybrid role once the full training is given on site
- Contract for 6 months initially; likely to be extended
- Full time Monday to Friday 37 hours per week; 7.24 hours a day
- Flexible hours
- Holiday and pension scheme in salary
- Full training will be given
Duties may include but not be limited to:
- Creating and updating records and data input
- Booking, preparing and organising meeting rooms, supporting training courses and other group activities
- Preparing meeting agenda, joining instructions, handouts, etc
- Standard letters and correspondence, minutes, notes, reports, submissions etc, according to guidelines and instructions
- To work as a team to ensure TIB (Team Information Board) meetings are relevant, timely and productive
- To work as a team to problem solve, to assess the impact of new SOPS, to contribute to small projects
- Documents, records, accounts, claims and returns for approval, results, statistics, plans etc. against criteria, regulations or procedures
- Ensuring compliance and administration documentation meet quality standards
- Role holders may have to cross check and validate work completed by colleagues
- For returns process results, accounts, statements, statistical analysis, reports etc
- Work may require interpretation of source materials, chasing
- Role holders will need to modify and adjust information and make decisions to allow work to be completed
- Role holders will need to collect and assemble information to prepare for and run the daily TIB meeting, as needed
- Produce basic statistical analysis reports and where needed, process financial information
- Checking the work of others, updating records, assessing the value of goods and/or property, reconciling accounts, preparing invoices, information gathering and running straightforward reports
- Spending limited sums of money on behalf of an office or unit
- Communicate effectively and work with all court staff, Judiciary and internal and external stakeholders
- To deliver a helpful, prompt, polite and "right first time" service to our internal and external customers
The post holder is required to work in a flexible way and undertake any other duties reasonably requested by line management which are commensurate with the grade and level of responsibility of this post.
- Strong customer focus and service skills
- Experience of working in an administrative role in a customer focused environment
- Proficient with IT and Microsoft Software packages
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- Customer Service and Administrative skills
The role is subject to a 3-year referencing and basic DBS check.
Please apply online with your current CV in WORD format only. Due to the high number of applications we receive, it may not be possible to respond to all applications. Any questions, please contact Bristol PSR team on 0117 948 6317.
Contact Francisco Castilla in our Bristol office for more information.
Brook Street are proud to support the Armed Forces Covenant and as such, we guarantee to interview all candidates who are veterans or spouses/partners of military personnel, and who meet all the essential criteria for the vacancy.
As a Disability Confident Leader, and holder of the Gold Award status from the Defence Employer Recognition Scheme, Brook Street, as a supplier to the Public Sector Resourcing Framework (PSR), will offer you a guaranteed interview with a PSR Sourcer.
Should you identify as a candidate with a disability and/or as a veteran or spouse/partner of military personnel and meet all the essential criteria for the role, we encourage you to reach out to us via the Brook Street website. Here you will find a link to register your interest and state the role that you are interested in. We are committed to engaging with you.
In cases where we have a high volume of ex-military candidates/military spouses/partners, who meet all of the essential criteria, Brook Street will interview the best candidates from within that group.