Brook Street are recruiting for an administrator/customer service representative for Department for Work & Pensions within Fishponds, Bristol.
The role is working 37 hours per week, you may be required to work at any time between the hours of 7.45am and 8pm on any day between Monday to Friday and 8.45am to 5pm on Saturday. You will be given advance notice of your shift rotas. In certain circumstances you may be asked to start work at 7am or work up to 10pm.
Your role could involve a range of duties and we are seeking people who are adaptable and flexible. Your initial job will include:
* Providing excellent customer service in a telephony and/or face to face environment to a diverse range of working age customers and employers.
* Making decisions regarding benefit entitlement by examining the available facts.
* Assessing claims and dealing with enquiries via electronic means
* Supporting the Department's aim that digital will become the primary contact channel for all claimant services.
* Being part of a team responsible for creating and working in a service delivery environment to support the delivery of excellent customer service, quality and performance
You will be perfect for this role if you are;
* A good listener
* Customer focused
If you have these skills or are willing to learn, then this could be the ideal job for you.
Our client requires the following essential skills
*Excellent Customer Service
*Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
*Strong IT Knowledge
*Previous Admin and Customer Service Experience
*A willingness to communicate and advise a wide range of diverse customers in difficult/sensitive circumstances.
*A willingness to learn how to deliver a DWP service using digital methods.
*The ability to understand and interpret complex information and provide timely explanations.
*A willingness to make reducing our costs and providing value for money to the taxpayer a priority.
*To be prepared to engage effectively with our partners
*Have a desire to showcase public service at its best
Please note that we will require you to provide identity documents and prove your right to work in the UK prior to starting in the role.
You will need to be able to start in the next 2 to 4 weeks for an initial expected period up to 6 months (with possibility to extend).
Successful candidates must pass basic security checks.
The pay rate is £10.65 per hour during core hours, with an enhanced hourly rate outside of core hours, benefits include holiday pay and pension scheme.