DWP (Department of work and pension) - Admin Officer
Location: Leeds City Centre, Quarry House
Hours: (37 hours) with various shift patterns which may include weekends
This is an ongoing temporary position with the possibility of a further extension at the discretion of the business requirements.
We are currently recruiting for full time Administration Officers to join the Team with our client DWP based in Leeds City Centre. The DWP delivers services to over 20 million claimants and customers a year. The DWP is responsible for helping people move into employment, supporting pensioners and protecting some of the most vulnerable in our society. As an essential public service, they help people lift themselves out, and to stay out, of poverty, through work, saving and support
As an Administrative Officer you will be required to work within a DWP allocated office / building, dealing with both inbound telephone and online queries from the general public and advising on the best way forward for their employment status in line with government guidance.
- Provide excellent customer service to a diverse range of customers and employers.
- Make decisions regarding benefit entitlement by examining the available facts.
- Assess claims and dealing with enquiries via electronic means.
- Support the Department's aim in the digitisation of all claimant services.
- Be part of a team responsible for creating and working in a service delivery environment to support the delivery of excellent customer service, quality and performance.
What we are looking for:
- Customer focused and able to deal with customers compassionately.
- Resilience, able to work in high pressurised environments.
- Excellent customer service skills and ability to speak confidently within a team
- Ability to work as part of a team and on own initiative
- Excellent sickness record
- Strong communication skills (verbal & written)
- Ability to multitask
- Quick learner
- Able to work in an office environment where social distancing will be adhered to:
*Please note working for the DWP will require you to have photographic ID. This can be a Full-length Birth Certificate supported by a driving or provisional licence in your current address OR an in-date passport and you will be asked to complete a DBS check*
If you are interested, please do not hesitate to apply now and our team will be in touch if your application is successful.
Unfortunately, due to the amount of responses we receive, we are unable to provide feedback to all applicants. If you have not been contacted within 7-10 days, please assume you have been unsuccessful.