Advert Title: Administrative Officers
Our client, the DWP delivers services to over 20 million claimants and customers a year. The DWP is responsible for helping people move into employment, supporting pensioners and protecting some of the most vulnerable in our society. As an essential public service, they help people lift themselves out, and to stay out, of poverty, through work, saving and support.
Salary: £10.92 hourly rate + enhanced rate of pay for any unsociable hours worked
Location: S3 7UF
Estimated start date: Monday 27th July
Job Type: Temporary, 37 hours per week with various shift patterns
Immediate opportunities are available with our client, the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) who are looking for Administrative Officers to work within Corporate Centre sites across the UK.
As an Administrative Officer you will be required to work within a DWP allocated office / building, dealing with both inbound telephone and online queries from the general public and advising on the best way forward for their employment status in line with government guidance.
What you'll need to do:
- Provide excellent customer service to a diverse range of customers and employers.
- Make decisions regarding benefit entitlement by examining the available facts.
- Assess claims and dealing with enquiries via electronic means.
- Support the Department's aim in the digitisation of all claimant services.
- Be part of a team responsible for creating and working in a service delivery environment to support the delivery of excellent customer service, quality and performance.
What we'll need from you:
- Customer focused and able to deal with customers compassionately.
- Resilience, able to work in high pressurised environments.
- Availability for the full duration of your assignment.
- Proof of your right to work in the UK. DBS clearance is also advantageous, but we can support with obtaining if you do not currently have it.
- Able to work in an office environment where social distancing will be adhered to.
- 23 days holiday + 8 days bank holiday + Queens Birthday (pro rata).
- Various shift patterns available (flexibility will be required).
- Opportunity to build on Customer Service skills and give back to your community, gaining public sector experience.
- You must be available to start work from Monday 27th July
- The role is subject to DBS and 3-year referencing. You must have physical evidence of your employment for the last 3 years. This includes pay slips, P45, P60s or contracts of employment.
- You must have been a resident in the UK for five consecutive years, spending no longer than 6 months abroad. Any overseas travel longer than 6 months requires an overseas police check.
- This is a temporary role. You will not be considered for the role if you are currently in a permanent job.
If you are interested, please do not hesitate to apply now and our team will be in touch.