Our client, the DWP, delivers services to over 20 million claimants and customers a year. The DWP is responsible for helping people move into employment, supporting pensioners and protecting some of the most vulnerable in our society. As an essential public service, they help people lift themselves out, and to stay out, of poverty, through work, saving and support.
Salary: £10.92 hourly rate + enhanced rate of pay for any unsociable hours worked
Job Type: Temporary, 37 hours per week. Shifts will fall between the hours of 7.45am and 8pm on any day between Monday to Friday and 8.45am to 5pm on Saturday. You may be required to work 1 in every 4 Saturdays.
Start Dates: Monday 30th November, Monday 7th December and Monday 14th December.
Immediate opportunities are available with our client, the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) who are looking for Administrative Officers to work within Corporate Centre sites across the UK.
As an Administrative Officer you will be required to work within a DWP allocated office / building, dealing with both inbound telephone and online queries from the general public and advising on the best way forward for their employment status in line with government guidance.
What you`ll need to do:
* Provide excellent customer service to a diverse range of customers and employers.
* Make decisions regarding benefit entitlement by examining the available facts.
* Assess claims and dealing with enquiries via electronic means.
* Support the Department`s aim in the digitisation of all claimant services.
* Be part of a team responsible for creating and working in a service delivery environment to support the delivery of excellent customer service, quality and performance.
What we`ll need from you:
* Customer focused and able to deal with customers compassionately.
* Resilience, able to work in high pressurised environments.
* Availability for the full duration of your assignment.
* Proof of your right to work in the UK. DBS clearance is also advantageous, but we can support with obtaining if you do not currently have it.
* Able to work in an office environment where social distancing will be adhered to.
* 23 days holiday + 8 days bank holiday + Queens Birthday (pro rata).
* Various shift patterns available (flexibility will be required).
* Opportunity to build on Customer Service skills and give back to your community, gaining public sector experience.
The role is subject to a DBS check and if you have been outside of the UK for longer than 6 months in the last 5 years, an overseas police check will be required.