Brook Street is the chosen recruitment partner to Public Sector employers throughout the UK.
We have an ongoing temporary position for an Admin Officer in the Swansea area on a full-time basis.
To be considered for this role, applicants must have:
- Strong Administrative Skills
- Good communication skills, both written and via the telephone
- Excellent IT skills, particularly with Excel
- A flexible approach to workload as duties may vary
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Delivering a helpful, prompt, polite and "right first time" service to our internal and external customers
- Handling counter (face to face), written and telephone enquiries.
- Ensuring compliance and administration documentation meet quality standards.
- Communicate and work with the Judiciary, Magistracy, the Cluster Managers, Court staff, and other internal and external stakeholders, suppliers and customers to collect information, check facts, communicate or enforce judicial decisions, give advice on the completion of forms or court procedures etc and provide excellent customer service.
- Clerking civil and family courts, tribunals and hearings, ensuring papers and materials are available and up to date.
- Preparing papers and files for court, tribunals, hearings and meetings.
- Assist participants in CVP (Cloud Video Platform) hearings to engage fully and effectively in the hearing, using information provided by court staff to share invitations, guidance and access codes with the relevant parties, enabling them to join the hearing at the appropriate time.
The successful candidate will be working in a secure environment which requires a high level of background and clearance checks. This will include Criminal Record Checks (DBS Checks), Reference Checks (Employment, Education and any gaps) (3 years), Address checks (5 years) and may involve us obtaining character references and/or other evidence to cover periods of unemployment.
Once the successful candidate has been offered the role, these checks will commence. These normally take anything from 7 days to 28 days, depending on how quickly we can obtain this information for clearance.