Job title: Test Centre Operate
Pay rate: 13.06 per hour
Start Date: February 2021
Contract Type: Temporary
This is a fantastic opportunity to work in Holyhead within the UK Border Force team as a Covid-19 testing operative.
You will be working rotationally within 5 key roles as part of the covid 19 testing team:
Prepares test sample for analysis and interprets result.
- Sets up sample for analysis, and pipettes reagent to
- Times the sample analysis
- Await and read result displayed, and mark it on device
- Provides to Results Recorder to upload to digital platform
Collates results from Processing Operatives and uploads
to digital solution.
- Reads test result outcome (marked by Processing
- Enters result onto a managed device, including scan of
QR code (result is automatically sent to Test & Trace
Ensures orderly entry of subjects onto the testing site.
- Ensures crowd control and social distancing is maintained in subject
- Monitor subjects in the queue who are showing symptoms of COVID
and acts accordingly if they are
- In case of long queue, encourages people in line to start registering
- Supports general site set up, including appropriate signage to
manage subject flow
Responsible for ensuring subjects have registered and are eligible
- Greets subject at arrival, asks them to sanitise hands and ensures
the subject is eligible for asymptomatic testing
- Aids the subject in registering for the test if they are unable to
- Provides assistance for people who might not have the relevant
digital information such as phone number and email address
- Guides people who are coming and for a valid reason need to test
- 'Drip feeds' subjects into testing area, ensuring testing area does not
exceed maximum capacity
- Communicate to test subjects the purpose of participating in testing
at your site and the testing journey.
Provides guidance to subjects on swabbing as requested and
ensures cleaning of booths.
- Directs subject to available testing stations and directs them to the
exit when they are finished
- On hand to provide subject with additional verbal instructions if
- Provides regular cleaning to testing stations throughout day (subjects
are also ask to self-clean between each test)
- Be a UK national.
- Hold a full and valid passport.
- Be able to provide all ID documents we need to complete your pre-employment screening and security clearance which is a DBS.
You will be asked to work 0700 - 1530 including weekends.
If this is the role for you, please apply today with your most up to date CV for an immediate start.