The Ministry of Justice - Administration Officer
Location: Bradford, Thornbury
Hours: Monday - Friday (37 hours)
Pay: Between £8.35 - 9.78ph
This is an ongoing temporary position with the possibility of a further extension at the discretion of the business requirements.
We are currently recruiting for a full time Administration Officer to join the Team at the Direct Lodgement Centre with our client, The Ministry of Justice based in Bradford. The role will include working as part of a flexible team in a back-office environment and will be responsible utilising decision making criteria to case manage appeals from appeal creation through to the appeal being heard.
The successful candidate will be required to complete the following duties:
- Working in the Jury Summoning Bureau in a back-office environment
- Be responsible for summoning jurors for courts across England and Wales
- Ensure the correct number of jurors are summoned
- Be responsible for monitoring response rates for up to 5 courts to ensure the correct number are received by each court
- Making decisions as to whether to excuse or defer jurors from service
- Data input - Information provided by jurors
- Answering queries from jurors via email and telephone
- Working within a team environment reporting to the Team Leader
The ideal candidate would have the following:
- Ability to multi-task
- Be able to pick up the job quickly (although all training will be provided)
- Experience working within a busy office
- Excellent sickness record
In return the job offers a casual dress code, a great working environment and a very friendly team.
You will need to be able to pass a Basic DBS check and must have photographic ID (In date Passport OR a Driving Licence or Provisional Licence in your current address supported by a Full-length Birth Certificate)