Brook Street are proud to offer a temporary position at Bournemouth Crown & County Court who are looking for an Admin Officer to join their team, the role is full time working 37 hours a week, Monday to Friday.
- The role is considered a business critical post. You will act as an essential first point of contact for all the court users involved in hearings, including members of the public, judiciary, juries, solicitors and barristers, the police, representatives of external Agencies, etc.
- There will be regular contact with the judiciary, assisting the administrative staff with the smooth flow of court work. You will meet members of the public and their legal representatives; prepare court /hearing rooms and complete documentation, as well as ensuring the court runs smoothly and efficiently. You will also carry out some general clerical work as required to support the work of HMCTS.
- Although many of the tasks are straightforward, regulated by well-established guidelines and/or detailed instructions, you need to be prepared to react quickly and professionally to situations, some of which may be unexpected. You will be comfortable in dealing sensitively and professionally with people from all walks of life; many of whom may be vulnerable and under stress.
- You will need to keep the archiving and document record system up to date and provide Judges with documents when necessary.
- Preparing electronic files for court, tribunals, hearings and meetings.
- Producing court documents.
- General photocopying and filing.
- Creating and updating records on in-house computer system and data input.
- Dealing with a variety of telephone enquiries
- Post opening and dispatch.
- Excellent communication skills
- Team worker and working with others
- Good working knowledge of Word/Excel/Microsoft Teams/Powerpoint
This role involves a Standard DBS, hence if you have one already that's an advantage!
If you are interested in a career within the public sector then please apply now!