Brook street is pleased to offer a temporary assignment working as an Admin Officer for the Ministry of Justice in Winchester. The role is full time, 37 hours per week, Monday - Friday.
The role is considered a business critical post. You will act as an essential first point of contact for all the court users involved in hearings, including members of the public, judiciary, juries, solicitors and barristers, the police, representatives of external Agencies, etc.
There will be regular contact with the judiciary, assisting the administrative staff with the smooth flow of court work. You will meet members of the public and their legal representatives; prepare court /hearing rooms and complete documentation, as well as ensuring the court runs smoothly and efficiently. You will also carry out some general clerical work as required to support the work of HMCTS.
Although many of the tasks are straightforward, regulated by well-established guidelines and/or detailed instructions, you need to be prepared to react quickly and professionally to situations, some of which may be unexpected. You will be comfortable in dealing sensitively and professionally with people from all walks of life; many of whom may be vulnerable and under stress.
You will need to keep the archiving and document record system up to date and provide Judges with documents when necessary.
General administrative duties such as;
- Typing up court orders made by Judges on our internal computer systems.
- Responding to customer enquiries by correspondence, email, telephone, letters
- Issuing new court process and accounting for court fees
- Incoming telephone calls from customers, including bailiff enforcement calls to debtors.
- Taking payments for court judgements over the telephone.
- Sitting in Courtrooms with Judges as a 'Judges Clerk' - noting which parties attend the court and informing the judge; operating recording equipment in the courtroom.
- Assisting with video court hearings and setting up of video equipment and providing technical support when needed.
This a temporary assignment until end of March 2022, with possibility of extension.
APPLY NOW if you are interested in a career within Public Sector!