Would you like an opportunity to work in an exciting and challenging role within the Public sector?
Brook Street are currently recruiting Temporary Admin Officers to work within the Family & Human Rights Unit for our reputable client the Home Office. Based at Vulcan House, Sheffield, you will provide essential administrative support to the department, dealing with customer queries and undertaking a range of case-working duties.
Hours: Monday - Friday 9-5.30 (flexible)- 37 hours per week
Pay Rate: £9.06 per hour increasing to £11.10 after 12 weeks.
Location: The role will be split 80/20 between office based and remote working, so flexibility is essential
** You will be required to undertake security clearance for these roles and it is imperative that you hold a valid passport and be able to provide two proofs of current address and a proof of national insurance. **
This role involves working in a fast paced environment and for this reason, you will be expected to be flexible in line with the needs of the business, as the role may vary from day to day. A professional and confidential approach is required at all times and strong communication skills are essential.
Asylum & Protection Group is one of the key business areas within the Home Office. We are undergoing an exciting period of change. Alongside the other areas of the Home Office, the department is embarking upon a transformational programme. Operational Excellence is at the forefront of what we do.
Our strategic aims contribute to the Home Office strategic objectives: preventing terrorism and extremism; cutting crime and protecting the vulnerable; and reducing immigration and preventing abuse.
In these roles, you will be expected to work to the guidance and framework in place and maintain and ensure high quality of service is delivered to customers.
Key Duties can include:
- Provide administrative support by undertaking a range of administrative tasks such as file movement and tracking, logging correspondence, issuing letters and dealing with customer enquiries.
- Responsibility for updating Home Office databases accurately.
- Safeguarding personal data and complying with all GDPR requirements.
- Request database checks as required within set timescales
- Scanning and digitising of customer supporting evidence
- To collate, assess and respond to information given by customers.
- Prepare and make case files; decision ready for casework, or for appeals or removal processes.
- Deliver against targets and provide excellent customer service.
- Deliver a professional service to Home Office standards and support colleagues.
- Have a flexible approach and be receptive to organisational change.
Start dates will be confirmed once we have had clearance back, but will be throughout July - September
For further information or to apply for these roles, please contact us by emailing , alternatively click APPLY.
Due to the volume of applications we receive, if you do not hear back within 7 days, please assume that you have been unsuccessful.