Newcastle upon Tyne
Up to £21431 per annum
25 days ago
Would you like an opportunity to work in an exciting and challenging role within the Public sector?
Brook Street are currently recruiting Temporary Admin Officers for our reputable client the Home Office. Working From Home and from the office, you will provide essential administrative support to the department, dealing with customer queries and undertaking a range of case-working duties.
Hours: Monday - Friday 37 Hours per week. 9AM - 5.30PM with some flexi time although core working hours are 10AM to 3PM (7AM earliest start and 7PM latest finish)
Pay Rate: £21,431 per annum
Location: Newcastle City Centre
Arrangement: HYBRID (1-2 WFH per week after training)
You will work in a small team, who work closely to provide an effective support function to Presenting Officers, the Admin Team Manager, Senior Caseworkers and POU Team Leaders. The team also incorporates the central national immigration bail processing function for the Appeals, Litigation and Admin Review Directorate.
Reporting to the Admin Team manager, the post of POU Administrative Officer will primarily focus on the receipt/processing of bail applications then monitoring them to hearing stage. The role will involve liaising with case-working teams, court representatives and other stake-holders. Administrative Officers will be responsible for ensuring that this work is completed within a tight policy and time-bound framework and to a high standard.
The successful candidate will be expected to undertake a range of the following tasks:
* Processing bail application documents for bail hearings then liaising with case owners to obtain bail summaries and providing details to the Presenting Officers and the Immigration Tribunal.
* Dealing with (and resolving) telephone, email and fax enquiries from operational teams in the UK and abroad, legal representatives and applicants.
* Processing and responding to correspondence, court hearing notices, directions and determinations.
* Using a range of in-house IT systems (including ATLAS, CID, CRS, RMS) to locate files, search, update and maintain records, ensuring computer data is entered correctly and that electronic logs and spreadsheets are updated promptly and accurately.
* Monitor, maintain and audit all file holds on a regular basis.
* Other administrative duties as required within the unit.
** You will be required to undertake security clearance for these roles and it is imperative that you hold a valid passport and be able to provide two proofs of current address and a proof of national insurance. The Security clearance can take 4-8 weeks to come through.**
Essential Skills Required:
PC Literate, fully competent with Outlook and Microsoft packages
2 years administrative experience (non-retail) (Graduates will be considered!)
Excellent communication skills
Due to the volume of applications we receive, if you do not hear back within 7 days, please assume that you have been unsuccessful.