Her Majesty's Prison (HMP):
This is an exciting opportunity to join a busy team working within an agency to support HMP administrative team.
Hours: Full-time (37)
Monday- Friday (9-5)
Pay: £9.06 p/h
Start Date: ASAP
Location: Sheerness Cluster
HMP are recruiting for a full-time Administrative Officer, to work alongside their team. The successful candidate will provide administrative support. He or she will follow set procedures and will exercise some independent judgement in carrying out instructions, under general supervision. Examples of work performed will include but not be restricted to:
Duties and responsibilities:
- Collating and analysing complex information or data, submitting results in a written report
- Overseeing administrative procedures and processes
- Processing service operator grants, in which you will be responsible for checking the validity of accuracy.
- Receive and distribute information and communications in an appropriate manner, e.g., telephone, paper, e-mail.
- Acting as an administrative liaison with internal and / or external sources
- issuing of staff notices,
- weekly bulletins (inc. preparation)
- minute taking (excel, word and prison systems)
- Act as transport clerk (recording details, booking services)
- maintenance of asset registers
Typical qualifications and experience:
- Five GCSEs at Grade C or above or equivalent (including English Language or equivalent)
- NVQ Business Administration Level 2 (or suitable clerical experience)
- Administrative experience with a good knowledge of and experience in using Microsoft Office
- Good communication skills, both oral and written.
3 years of references and vetting will be required for this position.
If this role interest you, please apply!