Up to £11.88 per hour
11 days ago
Admin Officer at HMCTS
Brief description of duties and any skills required (e.g. Excel, PowerPoint). This should include information pertinent to the level of DBS required if applicable. * Assist participants in CVP (Cloud Video Platform) hearings to engage fully and effectively in the hearing, using information provided by court staff to share invitations, guidance and access codes with the relevant parties, enabling them to join the hearing at the appropriate time.
* Provide general guidance to first-time participants about how to use the CVP hearings technology, using standard scripts, adapting them to users requirements when necessary, so that users understand what to expect and what is expected of them in the hearing
* Act as first-line support for technical issues during the hearing, trouble-shooting any issues in real-time and be responsible for reporting ongoing technical issues to Digital & Technology Service directorate (DTS).
* Monitor and urgently respond to requests for assistance using multiple communication channels and technology/digital means during the hearing
* Preparing papers and files for court, tribunals, hearings and meetings.
* Creating and updating records on in-house computer system and data input.
* Clerking civil and family courts, tribunals and hearings, ensuring papers and materials are available and up to date.
* Contacting relevant parties, scheduling, serving court documents, executing a range of warrants, collecting fines and fees.
* Handling counter (face to face), written and telephone enquiries.
* Ensuring compliance and administration documentation meet quality standards.
* Communicate and work with the Judiciary, Magistracy, the Cluster Managers, Court staff, and other internal and external stakeholders, suppliers and customers to collect information, check facts, communicate or enforce judicial decisions, give advice on the completion of forms or court procedures etc and provide excellent customer service.
* To deliver a helpful, prompt, polite and "right first time" service to our internal and external customers
Typical qualifications and experience: five GCSEs at Grade C or above or equivalent (including English Language or equivalent), NVQ Business Administration Level 2, or suitable clerical experience. Administrative experience with a good knowledge of and experience in using Microsoft Office. Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
At Brook Street, we believe that by harnessing diversity of thought and experience across our company, exceptional things happen. We continually strive for a highly diverse workforce and an inclusive culture where everyone feels valued, listened to and able to discover their personal best.
Brook Street is a Disability Confident Leader, and we have also hold Gold Award status from the Defence Employer Recognition Scheme.
Our supply of Contingent Workers to the Public Sector Resourcing Framework (PSR) has driven us to take further steps in supporting candidates with disabilities or veterans. Through our Guaranteed Interview Scheme, we offer candidates with disabilities and veteran who meet the stipulated criteria for the role, a guaranteed interview with a PSR Sourcer.
Should you identify as a candidate with a disability or as a veteran, we encourage you to reach out to us via the Brook Street website. Here you will find a link to register your interest and the role that you are interested in. We are committed to engaging with you.
Throughout the application process we will discuss any reasonable adjustments needed. Your comfort and accessibility are of utmost importance to us, and we are eager to ensure a seamless communication journey.