Up to £12.46 per hour
29 days ago
Ministry of Justice:
Our client HM Courts & Tribunals Service (HMCTS) is an agency of the Ministry of Justice. HMCTS provides administrative support for the legal system across England and Wales, ensuring justice works for everyone.
Our justice system defends our fundamental rights and freedoms. It is a cornerstone of our modern society and it must serve all those who call on it, when they call on it. From some of the most vulnerable people in our society, to families in crisis, claimants and commercial businesses - HMCTS has a responsibility to administer a justice system that is accessible to everyone and operates efficiently.
We've got a great opportunity for a full- time long term temp role within the Maidstone HMP , to join a fast-paced office, working as part of the admin team.
- Full time 37 hrs per week
- Monday - Friday
- Temporary ongoing role
- Pay - £12.46 ph
- Location - Maidstone
- Start date ASAP
- 4 MONTHS WITH THE VIEW TO EXTEND
The successful candidate will provide customer service and administrative support. The individual will follow set procedures and will exercise some independent judgement in carrying out instructions, under general supervision. Examples of work performed will include but not be restricted to:
- Call Handling - managing the telephone help desk for the courts
- Collating and analysing complex information or data, regular usage of Excel.
Processing of applications, fee accounting and cashier duties, processing orders, IT data input
- Overseeing administrative procedures and processes
- Liaison between Courtroom, judiciary, public
- Processing correspondence, processing orders, IT data input
- Acting as an administrative liaison with internal and / or external sources
- Preparing routine correspondence
Typical qualifications and experience:
- 5 GCSE's at grade C or above or equivalent (including English Language or equivalent)
- NVQ Business Administration Level 2 (or suitable clerical experience)
- Good communication skills, both oral and written
- All offers are subject to 3 years of referencing checks and a DBS.
At Brook Street, we believe that by harnessing diversity of thought and experience across our company, exceptional things happen. We continually strive for a highly diverse workforce and an inclusive culture where everyone feels valued, listened to and able to discover their personal best.
Brook Street is a Disability Confident Leader, and we have also hold Gold Award status from the Defence Employer Recognition Scheme.
Our supply of Contingent Workers to the Public Sector Resourcing Framework (PSR) has driven us to take further steps in supporting candidates with disabilities or veterans. Through our Guaranteed Interview Scheme, we offer candidates with disabilities and veteran who meet the stipulated criteria for the role, a guaranteed interview with a PSR Sourcer.
Should you identify as a candidate with a disability or as a veteran, we encourage you to reach out to us via the Brook Street website. Here you will find a link to register your interest and the role that you are interested in. We are committed to engaging with you.
Throughout the application process we will discuss any reasonable adjustments needed. Your comfort and accessibility are of utmost importance to us, and we are eager to ensure a seamless communication journey.
If you are interested in this position, please apply below