Brighton District Probate Registry:
This is an exciting opportunity to join a busy team working within an agency to support/join a fast-paced office, working as part of the admin team.
Temporary role: 3+ months (With the possibility of extension)
Hours: Full-time (37)
Monday- Friday (9-5)
Pay: £9.06 p/h, raising to £10.32 after 3 months
Start Date: ASAP
Brighton District Probate Registry are recruiting a Full-time Administrative Officer to work alongside their team. The successful candidate will provide administrative support. He or she will follow set procedures and will exercise some independent judgement in carrying out instructions, under general supervision. Examples of work performed will include but not be restricted to:
Duties and responsibilities:
- Collating and analysing complex information or data, submitting results in a written report
- Checking probate service submissions and communicating with customers to collect information and check facts.
- Receive and distribute information and communications in an appropriate manner, e.g., telephone, paper, e-mail.
- Acting as an administrative liaison with internal and / or external sources
- General admin duties such as photocopying, filing, post opening and dispatch.
- Fast and accurate data entry onto in-house database system
- The post holder will also be required to work in a flexible way and undertake other general office admin duties reasonably requested by line management.
Typical qualifications and experience:
- Five GCSEs at Grade C or above or equivalent (including English Language or equivalent)
- NVQ Business Administration Level 2 (or suitable clerical experience)
- Administrative experience with a good knowledge of and experience in using Microsoft Office
- Good communication skills, both oral and written