This is a fantastic opportunity for anyone wanting to get experience working under the legal system and will be a great asset to your future regardless of the industry you eventually end in.
Brief description of duties and any skills required.
This role will take place in the Cardiff Magistrates Court
This should include information pertinent to the level of DBS required if applicable.
* Assist participants in CVP (Cloud Video Platform) hearings to engage fully and effectively in the hearing, using information provided by court staff to share invitations, guidance and access codes with the relevant parties, enabling them to join the hearing at the appropriate time.
* Provide general guidance to first-time participants about how to use the CVP hearings technology, using standard scripts, adapting them to users requirements when necessary, so that users understand what to expect and what is expected of them in the hearing
* Act as first-line support for technical issues during the hearing, trouble-shooting any issues in real-time and be responsible for reporting ongoing technical issues to Digital & Technology Service directorate (DTS).
* Monitor and urgently respond to requests for assistance using multiple communication channels and technology/digital means during the hearing
* Preparing papers and files for court, tribunals, hearings and meetings.
* Creating and updating records on in-house computer system and data input.
* Clerking civil and family courts, tribunals and hearings, ensuring papers and materials are available and up to date.
* Contacting relevant parties, scheduling, serving court documents, executing a range of warrants, collecting fines and fees.
* Handling counter (face to face), written and telephone enquiries.
* Ensuring compliance and administration documentation meet quality standards.
* Communicate and work with the Judiciary, Magistracy, the Cluster Managers, Court staff, and other internal and external stakeholders, suppliers and customers to collect information, check facts, communicate or enforce judicial decisions, give advice on the completion of forms or court procedures etc and provide excellent customer service.
* To deliver a helpful, prompt, polite and "right first time" service to our internal and external customers