This role is a great opportunity for anyone looking to get experience in the legal industry, and will be a great asset to your long-term career regardless of the industry you end up in. There are available roles in both the Cardiff Civil Justice Centre and in Cardiff Magistrates Court, your location will be decided on upon a job offer. As an admin officer at one of these locations, you will play an integral part to the overall structure of the team, with duties including but not limited to
- Assisting participants in CVP (Cloud Video Platform) hearing so that their hearings go ahead efficiently and at an excellent quality.
- Providing guidance to first time participants about how to use CVP hearing technology, using standard scripts, and adapting them to users' requirements when necessary.
- Acting as the first line of support for technical issues that may arise during the hearings and reporting any on going issues to Digital & Technology Service directorate (DTS).
- Preparing papers and files for court, tribunals, hearings and meetings.
- Creating and updating records on in-house computer system and data input.
- Handling counter (face to face), written and telephone enquiries.
- Communicate and work with the Judiciary, Magistracy, the Cluster Managers, Court staff, and other internal and external stakeholders, suppliers and customers to collect information, check facts, communicate or enforce judicial decisions.
This role is temporary for 3 months, subject to being made permanent, starting on a wage of £9.06 per hour. This job will provide you with great skills to take with you on your career path, including customer service skills, administration, teamwork and independent thinking.
Typical qualifications and experience: five GCSEs at Grade C or above or equivalent (including English Language or equivalent), NVQ Business Administration Level 2, or suitable clerical experience. Administrative experience with a good knowledge of and experience in using Microsoft Office. Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
The candidate should:
- Have a proficiency in the use of Microsoft word and Excel.
- Be adaptable to a versatile range of duties expected.
- Be personable and relationship driven to ensure participants are comfortable.
If successful, you will be expected to undergo a DBS check and will be expected to reference your last 3 years of work history. The officers at Brook street Recruitment will be aiding you throughout your process into starting the role.