We have an Administrative Officer role to work for our client within the Public Sector. This will be a long term temporary position.
Location: Working from Home - but you must be able to pick equipment up from Kirkstall, LS4
Hours: Monday- Friday, 09:00 - 17:00 - 37 hours a week
Please be aware, for this client you must have a current valid passport and must be able to pass a CTC clearance check
Short Summary: UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) is one of four key business areas within the Home Office. We are undergoing an exciting period of change. Alongside the other areas of the Home Office, the department is embarking upon a transformational programme. Operational Excellence is at the forefront of what we do.
Our strategic aims contribute to the Home Office strategic objectives: preventing terrorism and extremism; cutting crime and protecting the vulnerable; and reducing immigration and preventing abuse.
Asylum Operations, within Immigration Protection Directorate is responsible for registering, deciding and concluding asylum protection claims. The primary function of the directorate is to make high quality decisions on asylum cases and work with other parts of the organisation to ensure effective immigration control.
Job Description: Asylum Operations have regional Units throughout the UK. Staff in each unit are responsible for processing Asylum claims, by virtue of an interview, mainly and currently conducted by video conference. Most of our customers attend our office for their interviews. Once the asylum interview has been conducted, a decision on the claim is made by a decision maker.
The function of the workflow team starts from the point of cases routed to the unit and ensures the smooth flow of work for the command which sets up the unit for meeting service level agreements.
The administration team supports decision makers in all administrative aspects in the life cycle of a case, from correspondence handling to implementation of decisions. The team are also central to provision of an excellent customer service in asylum. We provide a face to face meet & greet procedure and take the biometrics of our customers when they attend the office. We are a contact point for customers and Legal Representatives, as well as other internal and external stakeholders.
The function of administrative support staff is to underpin the decision-making role to ensure that those claiming asylum can progress through the relevant stages. You will work as part of an administrative team and will be expected to complete the full range of administrative tasks.
For this post you will be working on one of the admin teams within/linked to one of the regional units.
You may be required to complete the following tasks:
- Accurately update internal computer systems.
- Conduct operating mandate checks on cases within specified timeframes
- Monitor and update local spreadsheets accurately
- Allocate cases to Decision Makers as and when required
- Statistical reporting
- Overseeing the enquires inbox(es)
- Download and save documents from internal systems
- Creating case files
- Monitor the storage of documents in line with GDPR guidelines
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders in order to progress cases
- Liaise with Technical Specialists regarding the priority of urgent cases
- Undertaking monthly 1-2-1 conversations/coaching sessions where required
- Assist in promoting and embedding Operational Excellence behaviours and practices across the unit
- Maintain a high level of data quality and conduct all tasks in line with Civil Service Regulations
- Building and maintaining a strong working rapport with team members based in alternate locations
The above list of duties is not exhaustive, and the post holder may be required to undertake any of the above tasks or additional tasks not listed above, within the remit of their grade, to