We are looking for an Administrator officer to work for our client, The MOJ based in Leeds City Centre. This is a temporary assignment; the hours of work will be 37 hours, Monday-Friday. The rate of pay will be £7.98 per hour rising to £9.45 per hour after 12 weeks.
This is a customer facing role. The candidates will be required to deal with enquiries from the public and legal representatives by phone and in person including the clerking of Tribunal hearings and providing admin support to the judiciary.
The role involves:
- Referring correspondence to an Employment Judge and sending written communications to the parties involved in hearing mostly by email.
- Using Windows 10 and the Tribunal's own in-house case management system.
- Routine office tasks such as filing post linking photocopying and scanning of documents will also be required.
- Clerking Employment Tribunal hearings
- Meeting the parties and providing support to the Employment Judge to ensure the smooth running of the hearings
- Dealing with enquiries both face to face and by telephone.
- Inputting details, retrieving data referring correspondence to the Judiciary and sending directions to the parties.
- Printing and linking post
- Filing, photocopying and general office duties as required.
The work load at Employment Tribunals is currently very high and the candidates will be expected to be able to work accurately and at pace and to demonstrate good team working skills. Support and training will be provided. Due to the nature of the work there will be days when the clerk is expected to stay until 5:00pm and occasionally if the hearing has not concluded.
You will be required to pass a DBS check (meaning it should come back CLEAR.)
*To work for the Ministry of Justice you will need photo ID. This can be an IN-DATE Passport OR a Driving or Provisional Licence in your current address supported by a FULL Birth Certificate.*