We've got a great opportunity for a role within the Southampton Magistrates Court sector, to join a fast-paced office, working in the admin department. Working with a professional team, you'll be based in city centre of Southampton and will enjoy being part of a company with a great work life balanced.
The successful candidate will provide administrative support. Examples of work performed will include but not be restricted to:
- Assist with admin support functions in relation to Magistrates' benches, panels and committees
- Assist with the preparation and organisation of training events for magistrates and legal staff as required
- Prepare and distribute documentation for meetings, including agenda papers, supporting documentation and minutes
- Assist with the preparation and compilation of Magistrates' sitting rotas
- Assist with the handling and processing of Magistrates' expenses claims
- Attend meetings of magistrates and legal managers as required
- Undertake additional support and administrative related assignments as required
- Draft standard letters correspondence, minutes and notes, as required
- Maintain and update records, information systems and databases; this will include data inputting, initiating queries and running reports.
Typical qualifications and experience:
- Five GCSEs at Grade C or above or equivalent (including English Language or equivalent)
- NVQ Business Administration Level 2 (or suitable clerical experience)
- Administrative experience with a good knowledge of and experience in using Microsoft Office: Good keyboard skills are essential as well as knowledge of Word, Excel, Outlook, Powerpoint and Access.
- As the role involves dealing with members of the Judiciary, good communication and interpersonal skills are very important
- Hourly Rate £8.87 rising to £10.32 after 12 working weeks.
- The working week is Monday to Friday 9am - 5pm, 37 hours/week.
- Length of assignment: until June 2021, but this can be extended
- Location: London Road, Southampton, SSO17 1EY