Lewes Crown Court are looking for an Admin Officer to join their busy, well-established office.
This is a temporary, full-time position, initially due to run for 5 months.
This position is split into Jury Bailiff and General Administration responsibilities.
You will be responsible for looking after the Jury and guiding them through their time in the service. Strong customer service skills are required, as you will need to act as the jury`s first point of call for any issues, and be able to speak comfortably in front of different groups of people.
Good organisation skills, the ability to work to tight deadlines, and comfortable with the use of computers is required, as you will also be responsible for carrying out general administration duties to ensure that the office is running smoothly.
You will be based mostly at the Courts in Lewes, however you will also be required to travel to the Courts in Hove and Brighton on regular occasions (your travel expenses will be paid for when travelling away from Lewes Court).
You will be:
- Customer service focussed
- Able to work to tight deadlines
- Comfortable in speaking with different groups of people
- Confident in using basic Microsoft Word and Excel functions
The following is beneficial but not essential:
- Previous experience in working for the Public Sector
- initially you will be paid £7.98, after you have been in the position for 3 months your pay will rise to £9.97 PH
- 20 days holiday, plus an additional 8 bank holiday days
- 37 hours per week (Mon - Fri, 9am - 5pm)
Please note the success of your application will be subject to a police check.
If you are interested in this position apply today! If you wish to discuss anything further, feel free to give Elissa a call on 01892 544 826.