Job title: Admin Officer
Hours 37 standard office hours
Hourly rate: £8.87 per hour, longer temp temporary contract
My client is a well-known government organisation based in Gloucester, Kimbrose Way looking to recruit an admin officer.
HMCTS is increasing the use of phone, video and other technology to continue as many hearings as possible remotely. We are now introducing our 'cloud video platform' (CVP) for hearings.
This role is essential to the smooth running of cloud video platform hearings, cloud video platform hearings Administrators provide live support to hearings where some or all, of the participants are engaging with a hearing remotely. This provides users with the best opportunity to have their case heard without having to go into a courtroom.
You will provide an accessible and inclusive service to diverse service users, ensuring hearings are run efficiently and effectively and that users experience a proficient service, increasing confidence in digital interactions with the court.
Depending on local requirements, you may be based at a court or hearing centre, remotely to the site (either in a central office, a Courts & Tribunals Service Centre) or fully remotely or a hybrid of the two so your own transport will be required.
The main responsibilities are:
- To confidently assist participants in cloud video platform hearings to engage fully and effectively in the hearing. Obtaining approval from the judge if a non-hearing participant wants to observe and assisting non-hearing participants to join the call, in line with the principle of 'open justice'
- Prepare for cloud video platform hearings, maintain administration rights for assigned rooms. Make sure court staff and the room are booked and available with courtroom equipment set up, ready for the hearing
- Share host pin details, invitations, guidance and access codes with users to let them join the hearing at the right time. Admit users; monitoring participation, muting and/or removing parties appropriately. Close hearings, removing users once the hearing has ended
- Provide guidance to participants on how to use CVP hearings technology, using standard scripts, adapting when necessary, so that users understand what to expect
- Act as first-line support for technical issues during the hearing; calmly but urgently responding to requests for assistance in real-time, using multiple communication channels and technology/digital means
- Coach users through the process, ensuring they are ready to engage with the hearing. Assist on setting up equipment for them before the hearing and respond to queries and issues. Provide further analysis and escalate complex queries as required
- Liaise with court and other staff to determine requirements for sharing documents over cloud video platform, ensuring they have the relevant guidance to do so. Work with listing officers who are providing cloud video platform support, ensuring that they have the relevant details to invite parties to hearings
- Identify solutions to frequently occurring routine issues and work with the rest of the team to share knowledge, to achieve a high level of first-contact-resolution
- Work flexibly and undertake other administrative duties, during the hearings if the nature of the hearing allows along with before and after the usual hearing hours.
Skills & Experience, essential Criteria:
- The ability to remain calm under pressure
- Decision making, take immediate action if needed during CVP process to avoid delay in hearings
- Ability to use and understand technology, especially video conferencing along with common issues and pitfalls
- Excellent verbal communication, able to explain to participants how the cloud video platform systems and processes work calmly and patiently; explaining remedial actions to issues, resulting in increasing user confidence in digital/video processes
**Due to the nature of this position we will