Job title: Administrative Officer - Border Force
Pay rate: £13.18 p/h
Start Date: March 2021
Contract Type: Temporary contract until 31/08/21 with a view to extend
A fantastic opportunity to serve your Country with some of the best pay rates in your area!
We're looking for curious minds to join our team and help us meet some of the challenges facing the UK today. In this busy administrative role for Border Force UK, you will be responsible for checking and recording the movement of goods containers into and out of the country with appropriate social distancing measures in place.
You will need an eye for detail to capture and maintain accurate records of what is being transported. You will have an inquisitive streak when verifying the legitimacy of the container contents. You will gain experience within a range of duties with no two days looking the same - an unflappable disposition when confronted with the unexpected will be beneficial.
This is an administrative role and involves updating computer systems so you must be computer literate; however, we will provide full training.
- Be a UK national.
- Hold a full and valid passport.
- Be able to provide all ID documents we need to complete your pre-employment screening and security clearance. These roles are subject to SC (Security Clearance) clearance.
- Full Driving Licence is essential
You will need to demonstrate:
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and administration skills.
- A strong sense of personal ethics and integrity.
- That you enjoy interacting with colleagues, members of the public and external stakeholders.
- The ability to build relationships and thrive working as part of a team.
- A desire to develop.
Pay Rates & Benefits
- £13.18 per hour + 34 days holiday accrual.
You may be asked to work on a 24/7 shift pattern, but this is typically a '4 on 4 off' style shift pattern. The average hours for this position is 37 per week.
Brook Street are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion. Our client is committed to creating a welcoming, inclusive workplace where all our people can bring their whole selves to work and perform at their best.
If you are interested in this role or would like to find out more please send your CV .